Wednesday 7 November 2018

Another week has gone, but where?

Once again it is 7 days since my last post. That seems to be how I start most of the posts lately, but it's true, and the weeks are whizzing by somewhere very fast.

There are not lots of quilt photos to show to account for my time either. There are some, but not as many as usual. My time has been spent mainly in one of 2 places, one of which is the computer with EQ, and the cutting table. This photo is the contents of the rubbish bin, after my week's work!


My checking lady had a big job this week, and has checked 10 cases for me, which brings the number of cases finished to 23! Will be a good start for next year. Tomorrow another group gather for a Pick a Case mystery retreat, so it should be lots of fun here over the next few days. I will be in the kitchen tomorrow morning, planning what will be on the menu. It will have to be easy, simple catering this time, as I plan on joining the girls and sewing a case as well!!

Quite a bit of my time has been spent in the garden recently, as I try to dig and plant before the weather heats up. Lots of wheel barrow loads of dirt have been moved, and hopefully my fitness level has improved as a result of all my digging. (I might say it did not have to go far to improve!)
Every muscle is rather sore tonight as I tried to do too much today, knowing that the next few days are occupied. But I am happy to say, that I have planted all the seedlings and seeds that I plan to put in this summer. We have been blessed with rain this week, which has made the digging easier, and the temperature today was down to 18 deg again after having been up to 37 last week!!! Hopefully  it will all bear fruit, (or should I say vegetables??!!) and I shall be picking fresh tomatoes and other veg, that taste just like real veges should taste.

Another job outside has been sorting the pile of rubbish that was cleared from the shed. I asked a local tradesman to take it all to the rubbish dump for me, but he came back with a huge quote to do the job. I can see why some people might dump their rubbish on the side of a road somewhere, when it is so hard to get rid of excess "stuff". So I am sorting through it, and some of the smaller items are going in my usual rubbish bin, and the cardboard boxes into the recycle bin. And maybe the axe will get used to break some things up into smaller bits. It would be so much easier if we were allowed to burn in the back yards still. I notice that some city areas have a hard rubbish collection and people leave things in the street, but our council does not do this. This photo is before I started sorting, and I have made a difference already.


Last Sunday I took another day off and travelled up the highway again. Tomorrow is DD1's birthday, so I drove up for an early birthday celebration. It was a lovely spring day, and great to be out and about. I will post the photo of this tomorrow. And I called in to see my mum and dad on the way home. (And I might have been to the plant shop and bought something for the garden too!)

So you can see I have had a lot of BALANCE in my life lately, and some might even say, that the scales have tipped too far the other way?? This weekend is the last retreat for the year, and after that, it will be action stations on the quilting front. But it feels good to have got ahead for the mystery cases, and having planted my vege garden.

Time to end the newsfromjude for now, and will be back with a weekend report in due course.

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

You have achieved such a lot this week. Quite a relief for you, so you can sew along with us, but keep the cook’s hat at the ready please. Here we come, Ready Set Sew ! 😊

Sue SA said...

Been great weather for gardening having the overcast days and not so much heat! I take my hat off too you for putting in a veggie garden, I have only put in lettuce, spinach and tomatoes. Well there is a pumpkin in but everything else seed wise I planted in that bed hasn't come up, so we will see! Have a lovely time sewing along with your visitors.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You've got lots done and hope you are having a great weekend :) It's crazy that they charge so much to get rid of the rubbish... can't you have a bonfire on someone's farm? Happy Birthday to DD :) xx