I have just finished a wedding ring quilt, and it looked pretty good, until I got it loaded on the machine. I am not posting this as a criticism, but as an example of how things can be "fixed", sometimes. I am not mentioning any names. Apparently one of the fabrics used, was quite "stretchy" and the owner had a lot of trouble, made worse by the fact that the pieces were cut on a curve.
Photo 1 shows the quilt, after I loaded it.
This photo shows what I did as I advanced. I basted all the arcs, and some of the melons, to anchor them where they should be and control the excess. I did no SID on this quilt. The blocks and melons had a simple pattern, and the arcs were all Continuous Curves. (It did take me quite awhile to remove the basting stitches at the end, but I think it was worthwhile doing it.)
And this is the finished quilt, still with a few puckers, but mostly sitting nicely. The owners were very happy with the final outcome, and so was I.
A good use of scrap fabrics, for a very pretty quilt.
Wow, 2 posts in one day, wonders will never cease. Loving this much cooler weather. Have been making good progress in the garden, planting things that have been in pots for too long, and laying straw as mulch. Finished the 2 side gardens and the back, and now to work on the front.
Blessings, From Jude