Saturday 4 August 2012

39 years ago

Today is a day to remember, as 39 years ago I married the love of my life. I was 19.
What a journey it has been since then.
I often wonder that we marry and have children, and go through life, usually without any "training" or formal qualifications. Then with the "wisdom" of hindsight, and life's experiences, we can look back and wonder if things would have turned out different if we knew then, what we know now!?

Seems to me that the "getting of wisdom"  is all back to front, and we should have that knowledge when we start out in the most important jobs of all. Not sure if I have worded all that quite right, and I think that's enough philosophy (sp)? for today.
I  hold onto the promise in Romans 8 v 28, that God works for good with those who love him,
and that God continues to lead me.
My husband died 8years ago, but I still have 4 beautiful children, and so far 6 grandchildren.
My journey has led me to a business of machine quilting, where I get to go to a quilt show every day and meet some lovely people. And now my other business of The Sanctuary, a quilting and craft retreat.
Enjoy your day.
Blessings,
From Jude

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christina said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wedding photo, two young people starting their lives together in a world full of promise.

And thanks for sharing your heartfelt thoughts Jude. So beautiful, couldn't help the tears in my eyes.

Take care special friend.

Christina said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wedding photo, two young people starting their lives together in a world full of promise.

And thanks for sharing your heartfelt thoughts Jude. So beautiful, couldn't help the tears in my eyes.

Take care special friend.

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Happy Anniversary, Jude. I think you explained perfectly why you have a wonderful marriage. If God is on our side who can be against us. Blessings and thank you for sharing.

clarky said...

Congratulations Judy..
Today is the birthday of my love of my life, who sadly passed away 2 years ago. I miss him every day, but live in the hope that one day we will be united in god.s love. Pauline.xx

Michele Hill said...

Hugs as always Jude XXX