Saturday 22 January 2022

A bit of this and a bit of that......Which rabbit hole do I go down first?......................

 Here is a pic of how my cutting table looks at the moment. There is a lot of sorting going on, scanning of fabrics and designing ready for kits and fabric packs.

                          

This lovely pile of batiks also arrived on my doorstep this week and will work well with the range of batiks I already have............


So you can see that I am really short of fabric?? Not!! But, when I found these in another cupboard that I have been going through................lots of fabric samples stuck to card in a folder that a supplier sent out to machine quilters and shops so that we could order true to colour fabrics.


Waste not, want not is what "they" say?? So I dutifully tore the fabrics from the cards.............and look at this lovely little bundle of rectangles.......... all stacked ready for a scrap quilt, "one day"! (Or someone might find them in a lucky dip instead?


I have also been attempting to sort through clothes in my wardrobe. Let me tell you that I have 2 cupboards in my room, all for me, but they are full to overflowing and it has been something on my "to do" list for a long time now. This job will take me a long time too, but I've made a start.............

I won't tell you just how many pair of trousers were in my cupboards.....................and a lot of them have still got price tags attached, so that might tell you something?? Here is the first pile that were sorted and have now gone to a new home, or at least out of my door, with a bonus pair of shoes that were never worn either.


Last night my neighbour came knocking at my door for me to put a bandage on his arm. He had slipped over in the garden!! Dear Nic was out chopping a branch from a tree, on a very hot afternoon. I might add that he is 93 years old in February!! I decided that it needed more than my attention and took him to the hospital. He is now home and recovering. (I might have been a bit stern with him about being out in the heat at his age?)


Since I finished a large intense custom quilt, (pics later), I have done a couple of allover quilts with Max. A simple cot quilt and quilted edge to edge with stars and loops that is for a new great grandson soon to be born.


I discovered that Max had been running for awhile without bobbin thread and I don't think that the layers will hold together without thread, will it?


It was finally done, and this was made by Liz for a friend, using her collections of blue Liberty prints.


My visitor arrived this morning after an absence of a couple of months. As usual she gets straight into action, and was looking for some fabrics to fold. We stopped later for a coffee, and I received a phonecall from a friend who is collecting household items to set up house for 10 people. I thought I had some towels that I no longer use, but then checked out a few more cupboards and tubs in the shed and we have found lots of "stuff". Blankets, sheets, pillow cases, towels, sleeping bags, and even cups and bowls from the kitchen too. Not too sure why I still had all of this, but it will feel really great to see this walk out of my house and be put to good use.


Here is an update on the honeysuckle hedge situation. This was how is was a couple months ago...........


................and then last week the little bit of progress I had made..................


 I made the decision to call in the experts and they had it done in no time at all!!! But look at how much was cut away. I would never have managed that.........
Thankyou guys, a job well done.

                                    

                                       ..............................  And some more "stuff" has left !!

         

I have made more progress on my story and have it sort of mapped out and notes written. The scanner has been working overtime on documents that I have kept. Once they are recorded into the book and printed I will be able to comfortably put these "out the door" as well.

It should feel a lot lighter around here soon, although it will take me a loooong time!

That's all for now, as I better head for an early night. I know someone, named Chooky, has a bloggers zoom planned for 6am (her time) in the morning. That means 5.30 my time. Hope to be able to check in for a little time before church.

Blessings, From Jude









11 comments:

Janice said...

Boy! You have made quite a good start to your year. I’m impressed. Hopefully I will see you in the morning via Zoom.

Maria said...

Oh you sure have been busy clearing out lots of things… it’s great when you can give to someone else who needs them.
I also hope to pop into Zoom for a visit but not at Chooky’s 6am as it’s only 3 here…..

Susan Smith said...

Your clearing out is going well & you'd be up by now & on zoom, while I quietly eat breakfast & catch up on emails & blog posts. Going to be hot again today & did you receive that rain Adelaide got yesterday? Take care & hugs.

Karen's Korner said...

You are certainly in "major cleanout mode". I bet it feels good to let those unwanted items go to a good home.

Chookyblue...... said...

Nothing quiet like the fairy cracking the whip....... Glad she's back for a visit...... Always great to clear stuff out and even better when it goes to good use......

Chookyblue...... said...

Oooh and great to see you both up early on zoom ....

Raylene Edwards said...

It’s so good to be back at No. 8. Always plenty of interesting things to do. The work room is chaos but the amazing thing is ‘ You Have A Plan’ & the results are incredible. Then a call for help, & it’s down another rabbit hole. Our Zoom gathering with Chooky was inspiring, so many clever ladies each enjoying their passion of quilting. A big Thankyou to our hostess, who makes these meetings so enjoyable. 👏

kiwikid said...

Well done on the sorting, it always takes time, so good you were able to help with the house set up. Lovely to have the Fairy back visiting you, have a wonderful time together. I hope your neighbours arm heals up ok. Lovely quilt.

loulee said...

It always feels good to have a good sort out and send un used items to a new home.
Wow, the honey suckle was pretty big.
Your neighbour is lucky to have you there to help. That cut looks nasty.
It was good to see you both in zoom.

dq said...

Uhhh, hospital? Yeah! Good choice to drive him over. That does not look good. I do love that he can still get out in the garden at his age.

You have really been organizing and sorting. I bet it feels pretty good.

I enjoyed you and your friend so much at the weekend zoom. You two really made me smile and laugh.

Jenifer said...

Well done, great to have a clear out. It clears the head and the guilt of holding onto things. Loved the bonus rectangles! Definitely no waste when it comes to fabric. Crumb quilts are perfect for that!