Monday 24 August 2020

Last week's summary...............

 Here we are and another week of this year has disappeared so it must be time for an update of newsfromjude. Going back into the photo files I see that there was a bit of this and a bit of that. I do have quite a few customer quilt photos to show, but will save those for a separate post.

I have an hour or so to do this post, before the little man I am looking after will wake from his day sleep. I am away for a few days doing Grandma duty for DS and DIL. Miss Bridie is at kindergarten today and it's just Mr Tate and grandma, which so far has been pretty "cruisy".

It was a very wet and cold week, and we recorded about 40 mls rain over a few days. I was glad not to have to go anywhere, and those jobs I am working on in the garden came to a stand still.

Last Monday morning I decided it was clean up the desk area time, before I started working on another quilt with Max. I won't show you the before photo, but here is the after one, although before I managed to get some things back onto that clear desk!


It wasn't too long after the above photo was taken that I received a call from Raylene's (aka the fairy!) daughter to let me know that she had fallen and broken her wrist and was in hospital waiting for surgery! The next morning I received this pic, so that I could have a laugh, but really it doesn't look too funny to me. After being pinned and plated, and 2 nights in hospital she is now home in recovery. Unfortunately, it looks as though she won't be driving to Bordertown anytime soon. (Insert sad face).


Here is another helpful lady, (who is also a great house-sitter), sorting some more of those strips in the drawers.


We have taken out all the strips that were not a full wof, so they can be put to use, and now the full wof of strips all fit into one drawer.


I received a container of buttermilk from a friend, and that was turned into this batch of scones, ready for the freezer and impromptu morning teas.


I have had a few niggling issues with Max recently, and was waiting for the service guy from Melbourne to travel through. Unfortunately that border doesn't seem like it will be opened anytime soon. Thankfully there is a farmer friend who has helped out with Max from the time of setting up at the delivery more than 13 years ago, to more recently and has learnt a lot about the workings of the system. A few weeks ago he came and helped solve one problem, and this week another issue has been fixed! After quilting thousands of quilts and many hours of duty, I have to state that problems have been few. I love my Statler. The part that came off..............


............and caused this wear on the cover has been sorted.


Things don't work as well when you get a little bit of thread wedged where is should not be either!!


After church on Sunday, I packed the car and headed off up the highway. My trips this year have been few and far between. My fuel expenses are much lower, and the Km's on the car are not going up so fast. While there was still some cloud cover, there were also patches of blue sky, and it was a pleasant drive. My photo below doesn't look as good as the view, but those fields of yellow in amongst the green looked so pretty.


I shall try to catch up on some other posts in between my duties this week. Hope your week is a good one, and I'll catch you again soon.

Blessings, From Jude



9 comments:

dq said...

This post is full of yummies for many reasons. Doesn't a clean sewing space rejuvenate a person?

I am sorry for Raylene and hope she is up and running soon.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jude wonderful post ecept for Raelene breaking her wrist ,what a bummer hope she heals quickly,oh those scones sure do look yummy my friend,stay safe and take care xx

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG poor Raelene......maybe when she is up to it somehow she can get to you and have a break with you for a change instead of being a busy beaver opps I mean Fairy.....Please give her my love and wishes for a quick recovery although there is already a set timeframe with brakes......
enjoy your time with the kids and glad to hear the quilting machine is sorted for you........goodness knows when the border will open.......

Raylene Edwards said...

Thanks for best wishes, my fairy wings neglected to flap as I headed for the ground. Glad to hear Max had his problems solved by Dr. Friendly Farmer. I’m sure you will enjoy sharing lovely moments with your grandies,

Gail said...

Raylene! I'm so sorry you hurt yourself! Take care and heal fast.

Gail said...

I love the clean desk! I clean mine, next day it's a disaster! Although, a clean desk is a sign of a dull woman! Have fun with the grands.

Susan Smith said...

Give my regards to Raelene & tell her that I hope she mends well. Say hello to your other helper as well. Not seen any of them for a long time. Geoff wouldn't even be able to come to fix my machine either at the moment if I needed him. What an awful state of affairs we are in. Travel has been very light on here this year too & the caravan would probably love to head off in your direction or anywhere for that matter.
Thanks for the update, take care, stay safe & hugs.

kiwikid said...

Please send best wishes to Fairy Ralene for a speedy recovery. I hooe you enjoy your time with the grandchildren. A clean desk is a good sign of things to come !!

Jean McGee said...

Poor Raelene will be out of action for quite a while it seems, must have been a nasty fall. I wish you a speedy recovery Raelene.
Nice to have a clean up sometimes at least it stays that way for a,little while. Take care 😀😀