Monday 20 January 2020

This and That, and This and That............


As promised, I am back with a newsfromjude update. Since the last post 11 days ago, there has not been a lot of quilting happening. I finished the quilts needed for the Kaniva exhibition and have spent lots of time sorting "stuff". I think, I think, I think, I can....... make some progress, but it is slow.
 I have spread over 2 rooms with piles everywhere, and have until this Friday to get the tables cleared, ready for the influx of Aussie retreaters.

I returned Mr 9 year old to the city one Friday, and we called into visit with my Dad on the way, and he was pleased to see us.


Mum travelled to the city with us, and looked after Mr 9 year old while I went to an appointment. And we met another passenger in the city, who came home with me to spend a few days in Bordertown.


 The scrap drawers have been sorted again, and lots more squares cut with the new Go cutter that was purchased to replace the old one. My "cutting fairy" has moved from her "L's" to her full licence now, and all the drawers are labelled with the contents. You can see that even the scrap squares have been sorted into colours!!



Much has been achieved and 2 new book cushions were made for the grandies, thanks to my fairy.


And Val turned up one day, wanting to know what she could do, and now those tiny squares that I posted about before Christmas, have been made into a couple of little child's books. Thankyou Val.




5 days later, I made another trip to the city and my fairy returned home, after a very busy 5 days of sorting, decluttering, shredding, and getting "stuff" sorted. I made a stop in Murray Bridge on the way home to do some shopping for more coffee pods, and had not intended to call on Mum. But, who should I meet as I came out of the shop, but my Mum!! I was sprung. And who else should I meet, but my sister. So an impromptu coffee break was then on the agenda. (Note to self - don't try and drive straight through town without telling mum!)


After that little interlude I casually strolled into the clothes shop, and they were having a big sale, that was too good to resist. (Another note to self - wear your reading glasses when shopping for clothes and next time you might read the correct size, instead of reading a 6 as an 0!!)

Back home again, and more clearing and sorting, and moving tables so I could wash the windows. (I won't show a photo of what I found behind the table that had not been moved for a loooong time, but I think you might get the picture!)


I even washed the window, and dusted all those ribbons, before pinning them all back on the clean curtains! This corner feels a lot more organised now, but I still need to get into the filing cabinet, where some of the files go back many, many years.


On Friday, the Melbourne family arrived for a couple of nights. And we all headed up the highway again on Saturday to go to the Barossa and attend Mr Tate's first birthday party.

This is Miss 19 year old getting to know Mr Jett. The oldest and the youngest of my grandchildren.


And Mum with her 16th great grandchild. (the 17th was born on January 8th, and the 18th is due in April, so they are mounting up.)


Miss Billie loved playing with all the other children.


Mr Tate has certainly changed in his first year, as you can see by these photos.



I think Mr Tate was rather stage struck at the party, and the normally smiley boy was very serious.


And I finally managed to get a photo of all of my grandchildren together. But due to the fact that Tate was not going to anyone but his mum or dad hold him, we have his Mum in the picture with the 10. (She doesn't look much older than the rest does she??) 



So by Sunday I was feeling a bit jet-lagged and after church I decided it was time for rest. I picked up a book to read, and spent the rest of the day in the recliner. Perhaps doing 3 highway trips in 8 days with all the sorting in between might be a reason, don't you??

Last night we were very blessed to receive 10mls of rain in the gauge. This is very welcome after so many hot days. Today I have spent time doing some overdue housework, and turned Max on to do some of the quilt that was loaded many days ago.

This afternoon a friend called in with 2 of her granddaughters, who are staying with her for 10 days. We set them up with a sewing machine each, and they enjoyed trying out the various fancy stitches, and different threads. This resulted in a cushion for each of them to take home. In between threading up the new threads, their grandma managed to sew some log cabin blocks together. Wonder if we might eventually have another couple of quilters??



Well, that's about all the newsfromjude for now. I hope to get that quilt finished this week, and prepare for this weekend's Aussie retreat. I have found the flags in the tub in the shed and even purchased an Australia Day shirt in that shop this week. Will be back with a full report soon.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a lovely and GRAND post!! You have a beautiful family, Jude. I am excited for you about your cleaning and organizing; I know how very good that can feel! YES!! I have decided after reading this that I know exactly what I need-- a fairy of my own! :)

Raylene Edwards said...

🐝 You are such a busy bee, so much has been achieved, it does result in a Feel Good feeling seeing jobs done that have been on the TO DO list for so long. Family gatherings are wonderful, seeing how quickly they all grow. 💜