Sunday 1 September 2019

Spring, family time and a border...............

I am not sure how it happened so fast, but here we are and it's the first day of Spring. It hardly seems any time since January arrived, and now it's the first day of September. Once again, in spite of neglect, my garden has produced a show of colour...........



.........which included these sour sobs! Perhaps some time outside should be on my "to do" list??


Yesterday I headed up the highway again, to visit with family in Murray Bridge. I celebrated an early Father's Day with dad, and then enjoyed lunch with some of my family. 







Then it was time for my Mum to pack her bag and join me for a few days at Bordertown. Today we attended church and enjoyed lunch out with friends, before a restful afternoon nanna nap in the lounge by the fire.

Tomorrow it will be time to get back to the custom quilt on the machine. I had an issue with fullness in the border, and as you can see in the following photos, it is all fixed now.





Thats all the newsfromjude for now, but I will be back soon with a quilt photo post. The photo files seems to have accumulated again. There will also be preparations for the forthcoming In the Pink Retreat which is less than 2 weeks away. And of course our local quilt exhibition will be here before we know it, and there are still a few quilts in the queue that need to be done. In between all of this my 10th grandchild will make an appearance!!

Be back soon,

Blessings, From Jude


.

1 comment:

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

Sorry to hear that you had a health issue, I hope you are feeling much better! Your flowers are beautiful, not so much the curse of the soursobs... although it's not that they aren't pretty in their own right, but of course so dastardly! Amazing what you did with that fullness... that border looks amazing! xx