Monday 30 September 2019

It's a Boy!!


I received the call that we have been waiting for on Friday, September 27th. My 10th grandchild, Jett Daniel, a little brother for Miss Billie, was born. I left home about 6am Saturday morning for the 6 hour drive to Melbourne, and spent a couple of days having grandma cuddles with Jett and Billie. Of course, we think he is gorgeous, and so is his big sister. They grow up so fast, into "little people", but nothing can beat the newborn baby cuddles. It has been very special that I have managed to have newborn cuddles with all 10 of the grandies, in the first 24 hours of their lives.









Miss Billie was very gentle with him, and did oblige us for a few photos, but mostly she was quite happy to play with Lego and draw with her crayons. This little man evens up my grandies, as I now have 5 granddaughters, and 5 grandsons. Jett is the 16th great grandchild for my mum and dad, and number 17 is due in January....( Edited - Just received a message from my mum that tells me I am the 10th grandchild born in my generation!! Although I was 10th out of 45, and I certainly won't have that many grandies!!)

I drove home Sunday afternoon and arrived about 7pm. I was hoping to finish the custom quilt that is on the machine today, but for some reason I feel a bit lethargic?? I heard the early morning birdsong at 5am this morning, but the eyes didn't open properly until 7am!! I will be heading back to Melbourne to help DD3 after the exhibition is over.

Time to put my feet up in the recliner by the fire, and bed won't be too far away tonight. The weather is giving us some sunshine during the days lately, but the nights are still very cold.

Blessings, From Jude


6 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congratulations on another precious grandbaby; he is quite handsome and little Billie looks like she'll be the perfect big sister!

Raylene Edwards said...

Welcome to Master Jett, another blessing for your family. We’ll watch him grow as we have with your other grandchildren. ( They do it so quickly ) ❤️

Linda Steele said...

Wonderful news, congratulations, there is nothing like a newborn baby to make your heart swell. He's a handsome boy with so much hair!

Lynda B said...

CONGRATULATIONS on grandie #10

Jean McGee said...

Congratulations on the new little person in your family. He has lovely dark hair and plenty of it !
Take care, Jean 😀

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Congratulations!!! Such a cutie, just like his sister! xx