Thursday 24 July 2014

With apologies to genuine poets!

 

“Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house,                                         

there is still so much not yet done,

there is still food to cook, and shopping to be bought,

the binding still needs stitching, and the quilt on the frame is not yet completed,

The presents are not yet wrapped, and the floor is not swept.

But, the stockings are finally finished,

and the house is all decorated.

The wood fire is burning to warm up the house,

and the beds are all made with warm cozy quilts.

And tomorrow I look forward to the arrival of quilters, from far and near,

for a fun weekend to celebrate Christmas in July”.

IMG_8389

IMG_8390

IMG_8388

IMG_8341

Time to put another log on the fire, and head to bed for some sleep. Tomorrow morning I hope to finish the rest of the jobs so that by lunch time I shall be sitting in front of that nice warm fire enjoying the company of old friends and new friends.

Will be back soon with a report of our weekend. I think it’s great having “Christmas in July”, with the cold weather, and not 40deg heat. Christmas roast and pudding tastes better when it’s cold, (the weather I mean!)

And thankyou to all those who sent me messages re the binding. At least I know that someone is reading my blog. I will have to ask questions more often. I have gone with the spot. It was a popular choice, and it was quicker than piecing the leftover coloured bits. And time has been a bit short around here this week.Open-mouthed smile

Blessings, From Jude

No comments: