Monday 21 July 2014

Opinions please?


Today I have quilted the raffle quilt for the Pink Retreat weekend which is coming up in September. Now I am undecided about the binding. I don’t have enough of the outer border fabric left, which I would have used to make the binding. Do I use the plain black at the top left, the not so dark black at the right, or the spot in the centre, which is the backing fabric. Another choice is to join all the strips of coloured fabrics leftover from the sashing squares. I know I will have certain people telling me, that it is my choice, but I am asking for other opinions??? Would love to hear from you.Open-mouthed smile
IMG_8386
Hope you are having a good day. I am now off to the sewing machine to finish sewing the Christmas stockings for this weekends retreat. And then to fill them with some pressies, in case they have been good! I am looking forward to Friday, and would like to have the binding ready to hand stitch down over the weekend.
Blessings, From Jude

6 comments:

jfoster8 said...

I love a scrappy binding...

Sue said...

The black spots

Susan Smith said...

I kind of like the spots too, though I've done plenty with leftover colours myself and it usually looks good. Not much help am I? The spotty black would probably be quicker. Take care.

Anonymous said...

The not so dark on the right ... and not just because it has been missed by those before me!

Sue SA said...

I love the idea of scrappy binding, but all those seams??! Definitely the spot binding would look gorgeous and be far easier!

Christina said...

I am probably too late with my opinion Judy, but I think the spots look wonderful, I would go with them.