Part 1 and 2 of this trip took us from home to Lake Cargelligo. In an effort to catch up I will abbreviate the rest of the trip and post fewer photos. (We are now into July, 2026, and this trip actually took place in April/May, 2025....so you can see I have a lot to post!!)
Next stop was at Cobar......we had intended to stay 2 nights, but extended to 3 due to rain....we had a good look around the town......
.....and the Peak Gold mine...............
Next stop was 2 nights at Kidman Camp park at Bourke...........
This was just after the big rains in Queensland and all the water was coming down the river system, and this was the Darling river in flood.............
There were many road closures...........
I had read about river cruises on the Jandra Paddleboat, but sadly it was not running due to the flooded river system. We will have to go back another day.
We visited the information centre and enjoyed lunch there.
From Bourke, we headed north and entered Queensland - why do people have to deface the signs, and graffiti everything?
Due to all the recent rains, the countryside looked amazing and we thought how much the farmers from home would have loved the sheep feed.
We booked in for 2 nights at Cunnamulla...........
..........there were many damaged roads...............
Of course, the main attraction to Cunnamulla was this fella..........so a great photo opportunity.
After 2 nights we headed east to St George,......over the bridge and another swollen river......
........and we saw a lot of harvested cotton rolls in the paddocks...........
Our next stop was Dirranbandi, a small town, still in Queensland........
After one night at Dirrandandi, we headed further south, crossing the border at Hebel, and was back into New South Wales.....
Our next stop was at Lightening Ridge, which I will continue in the next post.
I am so glad that I write in a notebook as we travel, as I had to go back for details for this post, as well as looking back into the photo files. I think one of the reasons I stopped blogging was the time it takes to write a post and get the pics to go with it. (It was also the time I started a messenger group, called "baznjudeontheroad" again, which is so much quicker to do.) - But then I can't get that printed, so hence my effort now to 'catch up".
Blessings, From Jude
No comments:
Post a Comment