Monday 31 July 2023

July 31st.................

     One last post for the month of July.....and thought I would share this cartoon that I found online somewhere. If you are a quilter, I am sure you can identify!! And we all need a laugh.

                                        

I have been spending some time in the garden this week after hardly setting foot out there during the cold wet winter. It was rather overwhelming seeing the weeds. When I expressed this to a friend, they said just start in one place and do a little at a time. So I stopped looking at the big picture and followed this advice. Now the chrysanthemums have been pruned back and I can see the daffodils that are shooting............


                .............and another garden bed has been weeded and I feel much better................


..now working on the side section and made a bit of progress on Sunday afternoon until it started raining again................


..and this is some of what is ahead of me. While there is still a loooong way to go, I do feel that progress is being made.


Much has been happening inside also, and more fabric packs have been assembled. Some of the shelves seem to have less on them. 


This pile of quilts that are Raylene's and my entries for our local quilt show in October have had sleeves added. (There are still some of my quilts waiting patiently for the quilter to get her act together.)


My fairy is very skilled at clothes alterations, and has worked her way through this collection of my trousers and added her magic, pinning, trimming and sewing the seams so that they now fit me much better. And we have had a sort out in the wardrobes and taken much to the Op shop. Another job that had been hanging over my head for too long. 


MORE VITAMIN F.........

This lady had been talking about visiting for awhile now, and when the sudden opportunity arose, an impromptu catchup happened. .......


.......and then Pat also came to join in for some time out too. Has been a lovely few days, after far too long..............
 

.........and some more Vitamin F when Chooky scheduled a Zoom catchup one morning. It is so good to catch up with these ladies, from Australia, Canada, USA, Germany and Norway. And more special to have met many of these ladies at Scrub Stitching in Barradine in April.


And another Vitamin F picture, that DD3 sent from Melbourne this week! These kids love their scones, and don't they look so good, the kids and the scones!!


Finally the reason for this post on July 31st. Today it is 12 years since I commenced the newsfromjude blog. How fast has this time gone? The information from my blog tells me that this post is Number 1,375 and there have been 447,200 page views!! My blog started out as a way to promote my machine quilting and the retreats held at The Sanctuary, but over the years has evolved into more of my life, by adding in family and other activities. So really is a story of my life over the last 12 years!

To celebrate this milestone it's time for another giveaway. (Not sure what the giveaway will be yet). And I am happy to post overseas, so if you live in yonder countries, would love to hear from you too). Leave me a comment on the blog, and tell me how long you have been following newsfromjude and perhaps how you found me?? All names will be entered into a draw. Entries close August 7th. Look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings, From Jude







13 comments:

Janice said...

Yep, the cartoon is spot on. Good on you for making a start in the garden. I suppose it is a bit like the 15 minutes a day sewing. 15 minutes a day means 7 1/2 hrs in a month. You’ll get there. It’s nice to see you have been productive in the sewing room as well as continuing to play the social butterfly. How good that you’ve been blogging for 12 years now. I found you when Chooky started her Zoom parties. I’m so glad you joined in and we finally met in person at Baradine.

Raylene Edwards said...

The garden is certainly being whipped into shape (not by the Whip Cracker-that is definitely not in my job description) but it looks great. I have enjoyed being here & doing the tasks I love to do (No housework No cleaning No cooking No gardening!) A roaring fire & a good book in the evening… life is perfect ๐Ÿ‘

Raylene Edwards said...

Oops, the competition I’m going to win. Came here for an IN THE PINK WEEKEND in 2012, loved it, been coming back ever since. Hearing about the BLOG then & been an avid reader ever since ๐Ÿ’•

Denice Barker said...

Congratulations on a job well done in the garden and on your years blogging. I can't even remember how I found your blog, probably from a list Chookey posted somewhere! However I found you I've enjoyed getting to know you and here's hoping for many more!

Susan said...

Goash that fairy keeps you busy!
Good advice about the weeding too.

How long have I been following you??? no idea - but it would have started from Madam Chooky's blog!

Happy 12th Birthday - hope "someone" makes you a cake!

Susan Smith said...

Oh my goodness...........what a lovely weekend it must have been with ladies I know too. Wish I could have been there. Tackling my garden a wee bit at a time and need to clear lots inside too. I know well how I found your blog. Coming over for a retreat after the lovely Rick at Elizabeth machines suggested I contact you after I purchased my Statler in 2012 & we both talked about our blogs. Must get more pro-active on mine again. Take care & hugs. BTW. when is the Sunraysia Quilt Show?

Raewyn said...

Hehe I love the cartoon! Great advice from your friend re the gardening - you're certainly making progress. I need to follow that advice too!! Your doses of Vitamin F sound just lovely and exactly what the Dr ordered. Congratulations on your 12 years of blogging! I'm not sure how long I've been following you - I'm sure I 'heard of you' (and started visiting) via soomeone like Joy (??) who had been on retreat at yours,..the projects already cut sounded wonderful! And of course it was lovely to actually meet you at Scrub Stitching!

kiwikid said...

I so agree with the cartoon! I obtained fabric on the weekend, no idea what I am doing with it, but I love it!! Great dose of Vitamin F for you. I bet the Fairy has been very helpful with the clean up. I don't know when I started following you either, would have been thru Raewyn's blog or Chooky's blog, someones blog!! Jo maybe? Like Raewyn it was wonderful to meet you in person at Scrub Stitching.

Maria said...

Great cartoon!
The Fairy is such a good helper and friend. Nice to get your wardrobe sorted and all those pants fixed.
Lovely to ha lots of Vitamin F.
Congrates on 12 years of blogging.

So many fabulous quilting done in the previous post.

Dot said...

How can I remember that far back, when I can’t remember what I did last week! I do remember the first time we met though, when Tea Tree Gully Quilters were retreating at Keith and came to see the Bordertown sights LOL. You showed us the house ‘over the road’ and your big machine and your gorgeous work. The blog came later, after I started attending your retreats I think. I’ve just enjoyed my big catch-up of all you’ve achieved in July. Glad you’ve got the Fairy (and your mojo) back.Vitamin F is very important!

Maxine S said...

I’m with Dot! How on earth do you expect me to remember when we first started catching up! I know I attended retreats ‘across the road’ and I seem to have been reading the blog forever - and slinging off when it has been ages between posts! For the last month I have been having strife with my other knee and will be having surgery in six weeks so could do with a fairy like yours!! So grateful for friends who have been carting me around and I’m having enormous strife with coping with not being as independent as I usually am! Good work with the gardening- keep it up as it’s looking good.

Ruth G said...

Hmmmm. I knew about you from Dot, long before I met you, and have no idea how long I've been checking your blog. I think you told me you wrote a blog. That made it easier to find. And fabric, who can resist fabric, even though I think I already have more than I can sew in what years remain to me ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I always enjoy checking out your blog but prefer to catch up in person.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hmmmm gosh when did I start following you...... Must be most of the 12 years ......
Probably found you in a random list unless you found me I comment back .... The rest is history as they say... So lovely to meet you finally at scrub stitchin'.......
I'll be here reading the next 12 years too.... Always love seeing what your up to and the beautiful quilting you do also......