Monday 26 June 2023

Customer quilt update

 Looking back through the files I have discovered it was the 25th March that I last posted customer quilts!! So here is a catchup post, although there doesn't seem to be heaps of photos. Think I have been doing a lot of other things instead of quilting?? So I will leave that for a different catchup post.

First up is a quilt, called Groovy Garden made by Pat using one of the Ready Set and Sew kits in  a Mystery retreat. This has been quilted edge to edge with a pattern called Floppy Daisy. The wadding supplied by Pat was thicker than what I usually use, so it has given  great texture.


This large quilt was made by Jenny and is her first quilt. Well done Jenny. This was quilted allover with a leafy pattern in a light grey thread.


The fabric features Australian birds, and this quilt was made for their caravan bed.


Linda made this for her daughter, and it will also be used on their caravan bed. Seems like it must be that time of the year when the "grey nomads" head north to escape the cold!!
This was quilted edge to edge with Bubbles.


A closeup showing the pattern and the Australian fabrics.


This is the back of the quilt so it will be reversible!! (Linda was short of fabric and couldn't get any more, so what a creative plan she came up with!)

 

Lois made this for a son in law, and it was quilted allover with Gum leaves.



Helen made this signature quilt at the request of her granddaughter. The wedding guests wrote messages in the plain blocks. This was quilted with allover hearts through the signature blocks, and custom for the border and centre panel.


Shirley made this for a great grandchild and is proudly showing it off at the group's show and tell session. This was quilted allover with swirls, and customed through the centre panel.


This quilt was made by Dot for her brother who is a Port Power supporter. This was quilted allover........


..........with a pattern that featured footballs.


The next 4 quilts were made by Pat, for future great grandchildren. They were all quilted edge to edge using some new patterns I have recently purchased.
This one was Persephone...........


and Fall Flames................


...........and Rhapsody..........


....and lastly Midsummer Dream.


That's about all for now. I have a few more, but the photos are not yet downloaded. That's a job for another day.

Time to get Max going. I will be back with another update, before the end of the week. I will need to catchup before then so I can get my 6 monthly blog book printed.

Blessings, From Jude





6 comments:

Maria said...

So many gorgeous quilts that you’ve quilted beautifully.

dq said...

Very nice work, Jude. The Floppy Daisy pattern is my favorite of all those you showed with the bubbles coming in a super close second.

The back of Linda's quilt - love it! Is she one of the Linda's who came to Scrub Stitchin'?

What about Pat and Jenny? I am guessing Pat is your friend Pat that lives near you.

Susan Smith said...

Well done & you've been busy even if you think not. More than me, who has what some of us are calling "Pandemic Hangover". We just can't seem to get over how much has changed recently. I MUST get my village quilt quilted. Take care & hugs from a grey, dreary, cold & damp Gippsland.

Raylene Edwards said...

You have been the ‘Quiet Achiever’ & accomplished a very nice stack of quilts, with some new designs. I love Pats quilt with the thicker wadding showing density of the design 🌷

Janice said...

I do love seeing all the quilts that you work your magic on. I have some souvenir Aboriginal fabrics and may take inspiration from Linda. The reverse of her quilt is a perfect solution to the fabric shortage.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey Jude..........hmm you were written off most of April with SS and the trip............and then you had been busy getting things for a quilt show? And just enjoying some down time..........
the quilt is beautiful as usual and I love seeing what you do with each quilt..........and the tree is the back .......I would say it is reversible now......