Friday 14 October 2022

The same old story.................

 Once again I am way behind in updating newsfromjude, as well as reading blogs and replying to comments. Where do the weeks go?? And what has happened? Not many photos in the files either.

Since the retreat concerning the quilters descending, life has been very full on. The day after the last guest departed I packed up and went "down" the highway. This was the first trip over the border to see DD3 and family for 3 years. I was rather apprehensive about the drive, with all the traffic in Melbourne, and it was raining, but thankfully the phone and Google Maps did not let me down.  It was lovely to spend some time and be with Mt Jett for his 3rd birthday.




**************

Earlier in the week I was talking to a customer from over the border and their group was preparing for their quilt show, which was due to open the day after I drove home from Melbourne. She was very kind and told me to phone her when I was travelling through Stawell and I could have a sneak peak!! Thanks Lois, it was good to catch up with you and your group. I will only post a couple of pics of their amazing quilts, as I don't have permission from the owners. But as I have posted these 2 earlier in my customer quilting post, I know it's ok to post again. They always look so different in a hanging position. I love the purple one and how the colours are placed.



***************

A couple of days after I arrived home from Melbourne was the scheduled 100 year reunion of the Jervois Primary School where my 3 girls went to Primary School. I had been undecided about attending and eventually decided something had to 'give' in my life, so stayed home. I do admit to having serious FOMO, especially after looking at photos that were posted on the facebook page after the event. One thing I will say, is how "unrecognisable" some people were, and I was thankful for name tags. It certainly brings it home to me that I am much older too!! It was more than 30 years ago that we left that district.
The next 2 photos are ones that include DD1 and DD3 that were on display at the reunion, and how quickly all those little people have grown up and are now in their 40's.



*********************

Last weekend it was very special to have a lovely catchup with Faye and Kim who were on their way home from a holiday. Pat and Michelle came for the afternoon and we reminisced about our Aussie Quilters USA tour in 2018 that we all went on.


Faye, Kim and I then enjoyed an evening meal at the local hotel.


***************
I have spent some time with Max, and will update those in another post "sometime".

I have had a bit of stitching time making QFO quilts, which I will also post about later.

The garden is being neglected once again, and the back vegie garden was looking quite weed free at one stage, until we have had more rain and the weeds have grown almost overnight. I need to plant my summer vegies, but that will have to wait for another couple of weeks yet.

************************

Most of my time has been spent with bolts of fabrics and making up bundles and Ready, Set and Sew kits. Preparation is underway for another 2 markets that are coming up soon.
A few bolts have been emptied......


.....more time spent with EQ8 and scanning fabrics and cutting.......


....sorting more stuff..............


.........cutting another collection..........


...and a bundle of greys for a kit............


........all of this in preparation, ready for the fairy to come and add her 'magic touch' in the folding and packing!!

**************
Our next market will be at the Kaniva Quilt Show next weekend. This time next Friday we will be crossing the border and setting up ready for the show on Saturday and Sunday. We would love to see you there!!


They have their sign up at the entrance to the town.


****************

I showed this quilt awhile ago, and yesterday received the exciting news that it won a prize at the Nhill Show this week!


**************
Time to post this update, and get back to my "to do" list. My fairy (and also whip cracker) arrived by train yesterday, so is keeping me on my toes as there is still a lot to pack and sort. 
My apologies to those who have commented on recent posts, I thankyou and will get back to you 'sometime'. 
The weather has turned into cold and wet again here this week, but not as wet as many parts of our country. While it is lovely to have the rain and see the green grass, perhaps there is too much in areas that have flooded and our hearts go out to you. 

Back to work I go............

Blessings, From Jude






7 comments:

Janice said...

There’s never a dull moment at your place. Isn’t it good you can now venture over the nitrided to visit family and quilt shows.

Denice Barker said...

Busy girl!!! But that happens to all of us. Our weather is changing so the excuse I use that it's too nice to be inside is going out the window. It's going to be a miracle if my churn dash is done in time, too.

Karen's Korner said...

What a lovely welcome on your arrival. It is always fun looking back on old photos seeing the changes in people and places. A busy sorting, cutting and folding time in the sewing room by the look of it.

Susan Smith said...

Thanks for the update and you are always so busy. Good for you to see family and now we can travel more freely, we'd been thinking about it too, but with all the flooding here in Vic and NSW, not sure whether we'll go or not. Enjoy your market days. Take care & hugs.

Raylene Edwards said...

Bit late replying to your blog. ( I’m with a Whip Cracker who allows me little leisure time to do this) but I’m having a wow of a time stacking & packing beautiful fabrics into pre-cuts & kits. Happy Days 😊

Maria said...

You have been busy catching up with family and friends…
How good to have emptied those bolts of fabrics and turned it into kits.
Amazing quilting you’ve done on the quilts and deserving of a win.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You've been very busy! How lovely that you were able to head down to Melb to see family after so long. I wish I could come to see all your goodies at the market, not that I need any, haha! xx