Sunday 19 September 2021

Where do I start??

I have decided it is not a good idea to leave such long gaps between blog posts. It is much harder to to remember any newsfromjude to report on, so hopefully I can get some order into things after the exhibition. The committee is working hard in the leadup to our show, although realising that things can change suddenly in this world of ours. If you are resident of South Australia we would love for you to come and visit us, and our thoughts go out to those 'over the border'. This is really disappointing for all as our town is just on the border, and we usually welcome many from Victoria to our quilt show.


VISITOR(S) and quilting

It has been very remiss of me that I  did not mention the arrival of my "fairy" 2 weeks ago, and now she has departed again. There has been much action happening while I have concentrated on getting customer quilts finished for the show. The 'revolving door' worked overtime while friends came in and out, either to work on their own quilts and bindings, or to visit the fairy. We enjoyed good attendance of Angels one day, but sorry I have no photos of the day.
My fairy has been out and about with lunch and coffee appointments, and also a garden inspection while I have kept working. She has a better social life in Bordertown than I do!? The time is coming when I hope to change that??


This is Raylene's strippy quilt that she is adding binding to in the pic above.



                                This is Val's Mystery and Mayhem quilt that she is binding.


This is Val's next quilt too bind, and I look forward to seeing this hanging in the quilt show.


It has been quilted allover with a cloud pattern. I don't think that flat on the bed gives it the true perspective, but you get the idea.


 Pat was making binding for a quilt that she has made for her daughter, featuring embroidery in the blocks, and this was custom quilted.





The fairy doing what she does so well, sorting and stacking fabric packs.

 Robyn has spent some time staying with me while renovations have been in place at her house and she ordered Chinese for tea one night. The paper plates came out to save having to wash dishes and it was eaten in the lounge with our feet up by the fire after a busy day.


I had to laugh at this scene, as it just goes to show that being 'glued' to your phones is not only reserved for the young people anymore.


OUT AND ABOUT

Trips up the highway have been few and far between this year which means the kms were not adding up in my car. Driving to the shops and Post office only add about 5km each time, so I decided it was time to make a trip to Murray Bridge which would add another 400km and get me to the first service of 1500km. So one Friday morning, Raylene, Yvonne and I headed up the road for a day out. We picked up mum, had lunch out and did some shopping. It did help that I had some birthday vouchers to spend at the plant and clothes shop. It was a fun day out with friends and lots of laughs and even a catch up with my brother. 


While being busy at home and only driving to the local shops it is easy to forget what the seasons are doing, so it was a treat to get out and see that spring somehow had arrived. I love to see the wattles in bloom, the pretty yellow of the canola crops and the green crops, with the blue and white of the sky. This canola crop is higher than the fence, so hopefully we can get finishing rains here soon. 


Because of the MB trip my car was now just over the 1500km it needed for the first service, so it was time for a short trip (40km) up the road to Keith. While the job was being done Raylene and I enjoyed coffee at the local cafe called Henry and Rose.


It was a lovely afternoon sitting in the sunshine. I am not very good at doing the "selfie" pics, but you get the idea.


Just across the road from the cafe is this water feature, called Circlework, by James Darling. Reading from the label, I note it celebrates the cycle of water through the Australian landscape, with reference to the region's high water table and extensive irrigation industry.


NOT IN THE PINK 😞😞

This weekend in most years until 2020 was always taken up with being In the Pink. Last year it was a Pink with a difference with a few local afternoon teas, some Zoom afternoon teas and a sale of fabrics to raise funds, with a result of $2650 being donated to BCNA. I thought long and hard about BCNA fundraising for 2021 and decided that there was too much happening at the moment to do anything. While I am disappointed about this, perhaps I might be able to do something later??




I might finish this post here, although there is more to report on of another trip, and heaps of quilt photos. In my last post I mention processing some very sad news. Our friend Marie, who is pictured above in the middle sadly departed this life for her eternal home on September 8th. She will be missed greatly, and her funeral is planned for this week.

Time to head for the shower and start my day, which will be a quiet one. There is church this morning, and after lunch I have an appointment with my desk to get some more advertising processed for the quilt show. Hopefully I can take off my publicity officer hat at the next Annual Meeting and give it to someone else!? 

Blessings, From Jude




8 comments:

kiwikid said...

So nice to see the Fairy back spending time with you. All the quilts in the photos are beautiful. I wish I could come and see your quilt show!! Maybe next time. Nice to see you have had an outing or two, I am very sorry to read of the passing of your friend. Maybe In the Pink can happen when you are not so busy.

ButterZ said...

That was such a great catch up post and I enjoyed reading it all. So glad you got to have a good trip in your car to boost the kms… you have been very busy. It is hard to believe that it has been a year since pink day. Sorry to hear about your friend. Take care.

Chookyblue...... said...

Good to catch up on your news....... Lovely to have the fairy and sounds like she will be back soon for the quilt show.....
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend..... Never good no matter what stage of life.... Take care.....

Chookyblue...... said...

And probably a good choice for your pink days as so much is happening at present ....

Karen's Korner said...

Nice to catch up on your news. Hope all goes well for the show. Perhaps you will share some photos with us. Sorry to read about your friend. Take care.

Raylene Edwards said...

Incredible how fast time flies, it never did that when we were kids. There is such a lot to do before an Exhibition so the B.E. (Before Exhibition) & the A.E.(After Exhibition) has become a catch phrase. I’m sure it will be a great success, with all members helping to make it happen. ✂️🪡🧵

Maria said...

Nice to read your catch up post at such a busy time for you…
Hard to believe it’s a year since the Pink Zoom Day, maybe you can do it next year…
Lovely to have the Fairy and friends came along to help…
Sorry to read of your dear friends passing. 🤗

Janice said...

It is so good that your home can be a revolving door, the quilt show can go on (hopefully) and you can go for a drive, see canola, see family, have coffee and cake and go shopping. Things that we usually take for granted now seem such a luxury. I’m so pleased you can enjoy them. Hopefully things will calm down a bit for you after the show.