Tuesday 21 September 2021

Changing plans and Customer quilting catchup..........

I finished my last post by saying I was having a quiet day of church and then time at the desk. But plans are made to change sometimes aren't they? Mid morning I saw a car pulling into the driveway and these little cherubs surprised me with a visit on their way home from a friends house. It was an unexpected surprise and so lovely to see them. Tate is getting really talkative now and is much more outgoing. He has always had trouble saying Grandma and it would sound like Margar, and even Miss Bridie now calls me Margar, so I think that name is here to stay! 


 I did get some desk time in the afternoon, as well as time in the garden clearing a space in the back yard where I want to plant some gifted strawberry plants. It was a very warm windy afternoon and some plants needed to be watered. Thankfully Sunday evening rain arrived to keep things going for a bit longer. On Monday the temperature dropped dramatically and when I drove to the chemist my car told me the outside temperature was only 8deg!! 
This week I am fitting in a couple of my quilts before I do 2 more customer quilts, and by then it will be almost time for the show.

***********

Now for the update of recent customer quilts that have gone out the door with their owners, ready for binding and sleeves and labels.

First up is a quilt made by Robyn for her granddaughter using fabric featuring Australian fauna. Another smaller quilt using the same fabrics was also made, and both were quilted allover with Baroque swirls.




This is Lois' Mystery and Mayhem quilt using bright scrappy fabrics against a navy background. This was quilted with an allover Meander pattern.


Anne made this quilt using mainly linen fabrics and I quilted it with a pretty floral pattern allover.


Another quilt made by Robyn, this time much larger and is for a friend. Once again she chose the Baroque swirls pattern allover.


This is Raylene's "Moment of Madness" string quilt and quilted allover with a Meander pattern.


This star quilt was also made by Lois, and is going to West Australia for a family member and has been quilted with an allover Australian pattern, featuring Koalas and Kangaroos.


Ruth is the queen of using scraps and strings for her quilts which are all donated to a worthy cause. The next 4 quilts were all made by Ruth and are quilted allover with simple patterns. 





Pat commenced this quilt in a class with Faye Packham many years ago at a retreat that was held at The Sanctuary. Pat was pleased to finally have it finished and I believe Faye said it was about time too!! It was quilted allover with an Oriental pattern as the fabrics used are mainly Orientals.



Sue made this Elizabeth Hartman Delightful Desert quilt and asked for it to be quilted allover with a Cactus pattern.



Kath made this kit called Twilight Time and it was quilted allover with a pattern called Happy Days.


Mary has also made a quilt in purples with black and this was quilted allover with Pearl.


Another made by Mary, and sorry but the colours look very washed out in this pic. They are much nicer in real life - (come to the quilt show to see!!) The quilt was called Lilac Storm, and named for the fabric range that was used, so I quilted it allover with Wind.





There are a few more pics in the file, that have been custom quilted, and I shall save them for another post.

I have been standing with Max all day and am feeling very weary, although happy to have finished another custom quilt. Not many to go now, which is probably just as well as the frame assembly is due to happen 2 weeks from tomorrow. Hopefully I get a better night's sleep tonight, I think I must have too many things on my mind at the moment?? That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope you are having a great week.

Blessings, From Jude




 

6 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

How lovely to have your unexpected visitors. You have been busy in the sewing room. Yep that is spring....the temperature up and down.

Maria said...

Nothing nicer than having some unexpected visitors popped in...It's lovely when the little ones have a special name for Grandma...
Boy you sure have been quilting up a storm.. The exhibition is going to be amazing....

kiwikid said...

Lovely to have the family drop in. The quilts are all beautiful Jude, I like the Baroque Swirls, did I remember the name correctly. Would love to come and see the exhibition.

Janice said...

It’s nice to have surprise visitors. Much mire fun than sitting at the desk. How I wish I could attend your show. Such a lovely lot of quilts will be there. So much variety and beautifully quilted.

Raylene Edwards said...

Zoom has kept you updated with your family but arms around your grandies & kisses on their cheeks cannot be surpassed.Now it’s hurry, scurry as the Exhibition looms closer. So much preparation to do, so allow your self time In The Chair, feet up by your comforting warm fire 🔥

Chookyblue...... said...

How nice to have your surprise visitors......
Lovely quilts once again..... Not long until the exhibition......