Sunday 6 June 2021

It's Sunday evening

 Thanks for all the messages received after my last post. I apologise for my session of wallowing, but life is not always rosy and bubbly is it? Tiredness probably didn't help the way I was feeling either. I have ignored most of the things on my "to do" list for the last couple of days and spent a lot of time sitting in the chair, and I might have had my eyes shut some of the time. I don't have much to report on activities for the weekend, except watching Pat do some sewing on Saturday, and typing up the group newsletter for June. I did go to church this morning, then did some weeding out in the garden, and caught up on some blog reading this afternoon. (Perhaps I should say made progress, not caught up!) A few phone calls finished off the day.

I found out recently just how small the world really is. Jean and Brian were having a visitor to stay with them who had been a bridesmaid in their wedding back in the early 70's. It just so happens that this lady was a girl that I had played tennis with in the Brinkley team when we were probably still in school, late 60's. Not long after that her family moved to Bordertown and I moved north.  So they brought her to visit while she was in town, and it was so good to catch up again after all those years.


Will be back later with a Market Day report. Heading to bed now, ready for a more positive week as I rest and trust in Him. 
Blessings, From Jude





4 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Yes the world can sometimes be a small place with some surprise meetings. Good to see you getting out more now and yes we are in Regional Victoria (just) and can do a little more but like Joy, I'm reluctant to do too much except around here & we can't go into Melbourne anyway. Take care & stay safe.

Raylene Edwards said...

I’m so glad to see you have been resting in the chair, feet up by that wonderful fire, eyes closed (sometimes) & letting the turmoil of life go by for a while. Blessings to you. ❤️

kiwikid said...

It is a small world isn't it! Lovely for you to catch up with friends. Look after yourself.

Maria said...

Nice to have some good me time…
Great to have caught up with an old friend too.