Thursday 28 November 2019

Quilting update

Once again, it seems ages since a customer quilt post. Hope you enjoy these photos, that include a wide variety of quilts. I think I have said before that I am very blessed to have a job that is like going to a quilt show every day. (If I have shown any of these before, my apologies, but it's probably not too hard to see them again.)

The first 2 were made by Helen, using a striking fabric, that you can see in the border. She has very creatively used Ricky Tim's Convergence method for the centre part of each quilt.This reminds me that I have a (or maybe 2) convergence tops, just waiting for my quilter, one day.


They were both quilted with butterfly edge to edge patterns.


Jocelyn made this string quilt, and agrees with me, that the string bin does not get any lower by using them up??


This was quilted allover with a pattern called Spring thing.


Lyn made this sampler quilt, that was quilted allover with an Oriental pattern.



This is a Mystery Retreat quilt, made by Sherrel, called Cottage Garden, and features the scrappy trips pattern, with sashing between each block.


This was quilted allover with a daisy pattern.


Lynda made this quilt in a group project, and it was quilted allover with a swirly pattern.


This was Val's Presidents Challenge made for our recent exhibition, and it was quilted allover with a pattern called Dandy.



Pat made this bed runner using the Accuquilt Cleopatra's Fan die, and it was custom quilted.


Helen made this small quilt for a friend's birthday, and it was quilted with an allover dragonfly pattern.


This is Marie's frog quilt. The frogs were made using a stencil of the frog die at our recent Go Cutter retreat. 


The frogs are swimming in the water pond fabric that Marie used in the setting blocks, and it was quilted allover with Calm Waters.


Suzie made this quilt, which featured lots of cute animal fabrics in the centre circle. It was quilted allover with Modern Waves, which gives it a lovely texture.



This was Beth's President's Challenge, made for our quilt show, and this was quilted allover with Spiral Squares, which has also given it a lot of texture.



Pat made this large quilt, featuring a roses fabric, that was quilted allover with Song Birds.


Jean made this quilt, for friends who support a footy team that has these colours. It was quilted allover with footballs.



That takes care of half of the remaining quilt photos up to now, and I will leave the others for another day. Max has been busy this week, and is now on the countdown to get a few done before Christmas week.

I managed to get the bookwork up to date, and visited with the accountant on Tuesday to complete my tax figures for last financial year. It is a relief to get that job done for another year. I don't know where the years are flying by, as I hardly submit one return and it's time for the next year!

I have been spending a little time each day in the garden, trying to get some order and progress into the vegie patch. I also have some other plants to get in, and I am a month late with them too. That's what happens when you neglect yard work, although it was unavoidable really. I just try not to open my eyes too wide when I go out to the garden!! If I don't hurry, it will be too too hot. This week the weather is much cooler than the HEAT of last week, and even a bit on the cool side. But I am not complaining.

The fabric rep called in this morning, and I might have succumbed to some bargains??

I am looking forward to seeing family tomorrow night, and then a few things on the weekend, that I shall post about later.

Blessings, From Jude


1 comment:

Raylene Edwards said...

Poor Max, his work is never done! Lucky you are his guiding light, another great show. 💡