Sunday 6 January 2019

It's a boy!!!!!!!

January 4th, 2019 is the day my 9th grandchild (a grandson) was born. Tate Murray arrived at 12.22pm and weighed in at 6lb 9oz. I am not even going to find out the metric amount, and isn't it funny that even though we have "metricated", even DS talked about his weight in pounds. As he arrived by a planned C section, I did have advance notice of the birth and was already on the highway by the time he arrived. I have managed to get to see, and cuddle, all of my grandchildren on the day they were born, which is very special, as they change so quickly. He has been given my father's name for his middle name.




 His big sister, who weighed a whole 2 lb more than her brother at birth, was not too interested, but I did manage to get her sitting on my knee for a quick look.



Today it was time to go home, and so far he has been very good......looking at those big feet, and hands, I wonder if he will grow to be 6 ft 4" like his father?



.....and she looks pretty happy to hold him now, and Tate even has a smile on his face.


Cousins getting to know each other.


 And Aunty took an early morning flight from Melbourne to meet her nephew, and has already returned home to Miss Billie, who had a day with daddy.


 I believe there were more visitors, but these are the only photos I have. Tate's mother is good at photography, so I am sure there will be lots more to come.

I have been trying work out who he looks like, and I have been back into the photo albums, in the days before digital photos. I found this one of DS although he would have been a few weeks old in this picture. This photo was taken almost 31 years ago, and really makes me feel old.


I have spent the whole day at the desk, and can now say that my bookwork is all up to date to the end of December, which is a record for me. Another job crossed off the list. I am half way through a custom quilt, and hope to finish tomorrow.

I am sure I will return soon with more newsfromjude.

Blessings, From Jude

6 comments:

Sue SA said...

Wonderful news, congratulations to all!

Jenny Wallis said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Tate. A blessing indeed. πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ‘ΆπŸ»

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting! xx

Jean McGee said...

Congratulations Judy on the arrival of another grandchild, he looks beautiful and already much loved by his family. You can relax now and get on with what you want to do.
Love from Jean xxπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘ΆπŸ‘Ά

paulineclark@Gmail.com said...

Congratulations. A beautiful much loved grandson. Love Pauline. Xx

Linda Steele said...

The best news, congratulations, what a great way to start the year