Thursday 3 November 2011

More Gumtree Quilters Exhibition Photos

This is a photo of Sandys quilt, Vintage Pearls, which I had blogged about before, her first ever quilt, hanging in the exhibition and this quilt won the Viewers Choice, 1st and Gentlemen's Choice, 3rd prizes. On the quilt label, Sandy comments that if she can do this, anyone can. Well done Sandy.

Since our last exhibition 2 years ago, we have had 3 of our members pass away, so we had a Memory Corner, with photos and a quilt they had made displayed. This is a photo of that corner. It looked lovely, thanks to Joan who arranged it.

This is Helens Bright and Wild quilt that I had blogged about
before, this time a photo with the flower centres in place. This also won an award.

This is Kaths quilt, looks stunning hanging up, also an award winner.

And this is Jo's One Block Wonder quilt, which I quilted a few months ago, and I forgot to take a photo before it left my house, so took advantage while it was hanging at the show. Bit hard to see the quilting, as the light was right on the quilt.
Hope you have enjoyed a few more photos. I am heading to Adelaide on Saturday to have a look at The Festival Of Quilts show.
It starts today and goes until Sunday.

Time to get to work, have another quilt on the machine waiting for me.
Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing.

Blessings From Jude
Posted by Picasa

No comments: