Sunday 7 August 2011

Well another weekend has gone, the start of another week tomorrow. Have had a busy 3 days, went to Adelaide on friday, Horsham on Saturday and worked over at The Sanctuary on Sunday. With the help of some great friends we achieved a lot today, unpacked lots of boxes of purchases for the house and made up the beds and started adding things to the walls to make it look like home.
All the cutlery and crockery and glassware have been through the dishwasher and stacked in the cupboard.
I have a job to finish the hemming the curtains this week and do some cooking as well as a churn out a few quilts for customers. Next weekend is a trial run in the house with some friends who have all helped me in some way over the last 9 months. That was a shock when I worked out just how long we have been working on renovations.  Most of the tradies have done their thing now, the painter has a little bit to go, the carpenter put the new front on "The Shed" on saturday and is still to pave at the front of the house. Cant wait for it to be done, the back, back yard behind the shed looks like a building demo site. Will take some more photos this week, interesting to see the progress at different stages. I took a photo on the kitchen today and will upload it for you to see.
Maybe I need to take the stickers off the dishwasher! The kitchen window looks out over the paved verandah with tables and chairs to sit and listen to the prolific birdlife.
Yesterday we went to HOrsham, did a bit of shopping and picked up my quilt that had been shown in Melbourne at Showcase. The photo shows the beautiful chest of Madiera threads which was the prize I received for an Award for Excellence in Embroidery and Embellishment for my quilt Dresden Stars.
I cant wait to try out those threads. Maybe I shall have to go on a retreat of my own.
Well thats about all for today, will check in later in the week, with some more photos of how The Sanctuary is coming along.

No comments: