Friday 3 March 2023

What a week!!.......

 Almost another week has gone since my last post. A lot of it has been spent fiddling with computers... The last 2 days have tested me out, as I worked on the monthly newsletter for our patchwork group, and then the church powerpoint. Both of these took me much longer than normal, and I guess both were learning experiences??? 

The computer guy came back this morning and sorted a few things out for me which was great, but mostly I need to persevere, trial and error and have patience. 

***********************

Wednesday it was QFO (quilts for others) day and much was achieved by the 5 ladies present. Sorry no photos, but there are a lot of in progress works which I will post about in due course.


**********************

Work has been continuing on that large custom quilt, but I had a deadline for this little pram quilt that was needed asap, so the custom was unzipped until later. 
I finished this little one and it was collected promptly ready for it to be bound and delivered this weekend.


Pat was in one day while one of their vehicles was in the workshop, so she stitched the borders on her mystery quilt. We are very pleased with how this turned out. (And of course she has mitred the 3 borders!!)


**********************

I missed going down to the garden one morning and this is what I found a day later. Those zuchinni certainly take off when you are not looking!! I have a few in the fridge to make something with this weekend, as well as lots of tomatoes. The strawberries have finished for now and need a big weeding session. We had 11 ml rain and boy did it make the weeds grow.


**************************

Miss Olivia was 4 months old this week. How did that happen so fast? Love this family photo that I received.


**************************

That word PATIENCE seems to be my word for this week and going forth......

Last Saturday morning Pat and I headed up the north highway intending to go to a quilting day at Barmera, which was in the riverland, and about a 3 hour drive north of here. The day was due to start at 10am, so we gave ourselves plenty of time and set off about 6.30am. In hindsight this was probably not a good idea and we should have gone the day before, but.........

About 60 km up the road, we had an encounter with one of the local "identities" of which there are many in this area, especially early in the mornings. And I am not talking about the human kind either!! 

I will not show you what we left on the side of the road, but you might be able to work out that a kangaroo 'connected' with us and this is the result.  



I am very thankful that the damage was not worse, I have insurance, and we lived to tell this story. The car was still driveable and remained upright on the road. The impact was on the driver's side and not head on. The car is now in the crash repair workshop and I am hoping, praying for a fix sooner rather than later. A good friend has loaned a car to drive in the meantime, but I was planning a road trip just after Easter. The stories I hear about shortage of parts and labour are not good.

That's about all for this post. I will be back soon with another story from this week, plus an update on the fundraising for BCNA, which has been phenomonal!!

Blessings, From Jude





5 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Definitely an eventful week. Love Pat's quilt. Poor kangaroo .......oh, and car. We once put a bull bar on a car whilst living in an isolated country town & a week later had a roo come down a slope & into my (passenger) door. Scary. Have a good weekend & hugs.

loulee said...

Oh dear, I do hope you get your car back soon. Glad that you are ok.
Lovely pram quilt.

kiwikid said...

What a week you have had Jude! Pats quilt is stunning. Hope the car is fixed soon for you, those kangaroos are an ornery breed!

Maria said...

Oh so pleased you were ok after the bingled ..

Janice said...

Oh no! How disappointing to hit a roo. I’m glad you are OK and do hope you will be back on the road for your trip. Your instructions to yourself about the computer learning curve sound like your advice to me with quilting. I hope you get the hang of it soon.