Wednesday 19 February 2020

Quick update........

Once again the days have disappeared, and I am struggling to work out where. The photo album doesn't tell me a lot, and some of what has happened is secret business that I can't talk about yet. I have finished a few customer quilts, and will post those in a separate blog.

I have spent more time working on those cases, and have made good progress. There are a few cases with the checking lady at the moment, and when they come back, I will have 24 finished. So still have a bit of work to do yet, to get enough for the 3 planned mystery retreat that are planned this year.

Last week I headed to the Barossa to look after these 2 little cherubs for the day. This was a first, to spend time with these 2 at there house, without mum and dad. Sorry about the shiney photo, but it was a bit tricky doing this and holding Mr Tate and the camera too. He was not well, and did cry a lot for a start, when mum and dad left him. And children are so honest aren't they?? Miss Bridie looks up and says, "He doesn't like you does he Grandma!!?" I think it is more that he doesn't know me very well. The day did improve, and it wasn't long before Mum came home again.


Raylene arrived on Saturday to spend a few hours each day to help a friend in Bordertown, and is staying here. Her spare time has been spent getting some fantastic organisation happening with all the paperwork involved in the quilt designs I have been doing for the cases. They are all filed, in alphabetical order and I can easily find what I am looking for, instead of going through a heap of papers. It is one of those "gunna" do jobs that has been on my list. THANKYOU.

On Sunday morning we attended a Harvest Thanksgiving Service in a small country church a few miles from Bordertown. This was an amazing experience, listening to a challenging sermon, and hearing the cockatoos screeching outside in the gumtrees. This was the view outside, through the window where I was sitting.


This is inside this gorgeous little church, which seats about 30-40 people, ..........


............and is situated among the gum trees, in a paddock. A very peaceful setting indeed.


We left with some of the bounty of the Harvest that was displayed at the front of the church.


On the way home, I drove along the Tourist Drive to show Raylene some of the district's famous places. This was taken at Poocher Swamp and is one of the runaway holes in the dry swamp. In the winter this area is filled with water.


This large tree at the swamp is where a local family used to live, and here you see Raylene checking it out for a possible place to stay??


Tonight another visitor has arrived with a special quilt for me to do, and I shall update you more about this soon. I have 2 days to get this done, before I drive up the highway again, to attend a family wedding.

Be back soon,

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Sue SA said...

I hope the quilt speaks to you straight away!

Susan Smith said...

Very busy indeed. What alovely little church. I think Keith took a photo of that tree near Poochers Swamp once. Take care & enjoy the weekend getaway.

Raylene Edwards said...

I’ve really enjoyed this visit, sorting those quilt patterns (approx 110) into order gives me great satisfaction. And helping a friend SORT her sewing STUFF was the icing on the cake! Country folk were so welcoming when attending the great church service at Buckingham. 💒