Monday 6 August 2018

A few quilts............


Here we are at the start of another week. It is scary just how fast time is going. I am trying to balance work and rest, and managing to do that, as long as I don't look too hard at my "to do" list. Last week I finished a few quilts, and stayed home all week, until Friday. Pat and I drove to the city for our bi- monthly Appraisal Panel day, which is always a good day out. We get to see a great variety of quilts and share much discussion with the other panel members. We had a couple of stops on the way home, followed by a visit with mum and dad, and arrived home about 8.30 pm. On Saturday I finished a custom quilt that was on the machine and Sunday was a day of rest! There are a lot of things I could have done, but have to admit to spending the day in the recliner, reading, and watching TV. Is that balance, or is it going too much the other way??

I have a few quilt photos this morning, first a chevron quilt made by Maree. This was quilted allover with a pattern called "Whatever". It's quite amusing when they tell me to choose a pattern, and say whatever you like. And I tell them I have one called "whatever", and use it!!



This was made by Sue in a Mystery retreat, and called Summer Soliel. The fabric has butterflies and flowers on it, and Sue wanted a butterfly pattern quilted allover.




This large quilt, made by Suzie, has lots of different sampler blocks, mostly made with small pieces, and was quilted allover with a pattern called Modern Serpentine. I just love that texture.




Well that's enough for today, it's time to pin the large quilt onto Max that is waiting. It is almost 8am and I have been up since 5am, and seemed to have spent quite a bit of time on this computer. I have replied to emails, done some online banking, printed some documents, had breakfast, drank 2 coffees, done some Bible study, tidied the desk, put some things away, and can't procrastinate any longer!!

Have a good week, wherever you are, and whatever you are doing.

Blessings, From Jude


4 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

I think you are getting the BALANCE just right. After seeing the progress of the quilts during the Mystery Retreat, it’s great to see them machine quilted. 🦋

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

The "whatever"design saves a lot of thinking. Brilliant! :)

Jean McGee said...

The quilts look lovely as usual, it's important to get the balance right and keep our body and mind healthy. The rain is very welcome and hopefully the farmers are getting some of it.
😀😀Jean

Susan said...

Another nice showing of quilts. You do have plenty to keep you busy!