Sunday 30 April 2023

The last day of another month...............

How does this happen so often?? 
It's not like I am so busy here that time is going so fast for that reason.
I have to confess to much 'watching the world go by' since returning from our road trip.
While the covid was relatively symptom free, the after effects are quite different.
I find it is very easy to fill in my days with doing very little.
Add in a few 'shut eye' moments and time disappears. 

Some time has been spent joining in with Chooky's zoom sessions, and now that I have met some of these ladies personally, it's quite different.



I have been trying to get some order into the garden by weeding, and pulling up the summer veg in readiness to plant winter ones. My chrysanthemums are flowering nicely at the moment, and sorry this photo is not so good. After less than an hour outside, I am ready for another rest.


I have read some books, including this one which was a good read.


Before Raylene caught the train to home, we did a stock take of the fabric bundles on the shelves...............


.............and added some more to the supply..........


.......and I have cut more fabrics ready for the fairy to add her magic touch to when she returns. There is another market day happening soon, so I really need to find some motivation.


This is the quilt I made at Scrub Stitching and now has a backing prepped and is in the queue ready for the quilter..............it was made with a layer cake and is 72" square.


This was the scrappy Moda Love that had got this far at retreat.......


...............and now looks like this. I wanted a rectangle and not square, so didn't make any more blocks, but added some units to each side of the above photo, and then 2 borders. A backing has also been made and put into the ever growing queue.


I had made the 2 rows at top of photo at retreat, and put it aside until I had more space to layout the blocks,...............


 ......................and have now made more blocks and added borders. I had intended doing 6 rows, but decided finished was good. It also has a backing and is in the queue. This is not my favourite quilt, but it will keep someone warm when it is donated.


This afternoon I pulled out the blocks for Dear William and trimmed some of them and started constructing the centre with sashing. But sad to say, I have called it a day, and had a snooze by the fire for the rest of the afternoon.

I really hope that the 'get up and go' that left the building, will return very soon. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since we returned and there are jobs waiting to be done. Max will think I have forgotten him.

My apologies to those who have left comments on my blog. For some reason blogger is not emailing them to me, but I thank you for visiting.

Time to get back to the recliner and the warm fire. The temperatures have dropped and the grass is green again. Think winter might be coming, ready or not!

Back sometime, 

Blessings, From Jude







10 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Those achievements you have made are quite significant. I hope the feeling of ‘Can’t Be Bothered’ gets up & goes very soon. It does seem quite common of covid victims. I’m sure feet up in the chair, near the fire, with a book is the best treatment for you. 🦶🦶🔥📚

ButterZ said...

Yes, take your time resting and take your time. It took 4-5 weeks to sort of back to normal. It really wasn’t until I got home from the retreat that I felt a lot better so that was another 3 weeks. Love your finishes.
My comments started coming through last night. Hope yours are back soon too.

Janice said...

I do hope your get up and go returns soon. I read that book too. It was a good read. I love your second Moda Love variation too.

loulee said...

Adding my hopes that you find your get up and go soon too. Mine was gone for a while also, but I think it is returning.
You have some lovely quilts ready for max.
Oooh! and the fairy replenished the the fabric bundles....

Karen's Korner said...

Hope that you are feeling back on top of things soon. I also read that book and enjoyed it. I had that problem of no emails coming through last week with blogger. Very annoying.

dq said...

I agree it is different with zoom after meeting. I missed you the other night. We must have been on at different times. Tracy even made a brief appearance.

Chookyblue...... said...

so nice to see you on zoom...........hope you get your bounce back this week........

Susan said...

Gosh Jude - I think you ahev done heaps considering the after-effects of the COVID bug - most that had it seem to be feeling very tired.

Zooms ARE different now that we met in person.

I had a similar blogger problem too a while back....I think I may have just re-entered my email address and saved the settings...not sure if that resovlved it but worth a try.

A fire does sound lovely...but not a Brisbane thing.....LOL

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you are getting things done, take the time to recover properly.

dq said...

I love what you have done with your Moda Love Quilt!