Wednesday 17 May 2023

A bit of this and a bit of that..............

 I see that 17 days have disappeared since my last post and today I had a gentle reminder that there has been no blog for May. So here I am. The weather has turned out very cold and we had a frost this morning, so I have the laptop on my knee and am sitting in the chair by the fire. (I will tell you that I did not see that frost, but was told about it.)

In my last post I hoped that my 'get up and go' would return soon, Not long after that I thought that it had returned as I got back to work with Max and spent time in the garden. But the next week it left again. Some days are productive, and others are not. So I am just going with the flow, and listening to my body. 

Going back through the photos I have found a few that tell me what has been going on here at Number 8. Or should I say, what has not been going on??

There was a QFO day....(Quilts For Others)......... more string blocks being made, but the container doesn't seem to going down............


..and these blocks are now being laid out......
-

.........and another day with friends that we enjoyed stitching time with.....(there might have been more socializing time than stitching time!!)

                                                        

                                           ..................and a load of wood was delivered to my shed.......

                                                                  

                           ............some time has been spent trying to sort fabric for the coming market day.......


Another year has gone and I am another year older,,... which is so close to Mother's Day which means that this collection is for 2 special days................


....it was a surprise to have this box arrive at my door one day.........


..and fortunately good friends turned up a few days later and soon organised the setup.....which was followed by Chinese takeaway while checking out how the TV works.............



.........and I confess to a some time since then 'cruising' through the movie list of Netflix......... 
There has also been more book reading time, and some stitching time with Dear William. (I shall do a separate post about Dear William  sometime.)


I drove to Murray Bridge on Mother's Day and enjoyed time with family at Mums.



Monday I had appointments in Murray Bridge and enjoyed coffee time with my brother and his wife.


That's about all for now. Another time there will be an update of quilting with Max and a post  about Dear William.
I am hoping for that get up and go to return permanently very soon, as the fairy is due to return next week and she will be 'cracking the whip' as we prepare for the market day.

Stay warm in the southern part of the world, and stay cool if you are heading into warmer temperatures.

Blessings, From Jude



11 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Considering all that extra time you’ve needed ‘In the Chair’ you’ve managed to do quite a bit. Lovely to see your floral display from well wishers for your special day. A visit from the Wood Fairy has come in handy & a Fairy who set up your TV (with a helper). I hope your slump soon Gets up & Goes. 🌷

loulee said...

You have managed to get quite a bit done. Belated Happy Birthdays. Your combined flowers look lovely. Hope your get up and go, comes back to stay soon.

Susan Smith said...

Seems a lot of us have lost our "get up and go", as mine has been very poor of late. A belated birthday wish from us and how lovely to spend time with four generations of family. I've been trawling through my scraps & trying to get them in some sort of order to make some more charity/gifts and also for the Village QAL as I call it. Now need someone to help me with what to use for sashing/cornerstones. Cold here as well and we've been out cutting wood and had the woodburner lit too. Take care & hugs.

Janice said...

Nice to hear from you. I’m glad you are just “going with the flow”. Sometimes that is needed.

Maria said...

Looks like you still managed to get stuff done even though you're enjoying some Netflix...
Happy Belated Birthday and a lovely time spent with loved ones for Mother's Day.

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy belated birthday.......
Glad you have found some motivation......

Susan said...

Belated Happy Birthday - I do hope Mr Mojo has returned for good - but yes - the Fairy will be waving her wand and you will be forced to submit - mojo or not.

I've made more strippy blocks - and even after sorting my strips - it's still a messy business.

Happy sewing & reading

Karen's Korner said...

Happy belated birthday wishes to you. Sometimes we need to just "listen" to our inner self and take time out. It is always a "big learning curve" for any new piece of technology.

kiwikid said...

Happy belated birthday Jude. I am sure your get up and go will return with the return of the Fairy, like the strippy blocks, I have some to make here too - one day!!

ButterZ said...

Happy birthday to you. Sorry we missed it. Hope you get your energy and motivation back soon. Take care and enjoy the fairies visit.

dq said...

Those two sweet little ladies look familiar. It was fun to meet them on zoom last week.

I hope you had a great birthday with your new tv all installed.