Thursday 13 April 2023

ROAD TRIP....Day 3....

 This post is much shorter. We woke to heavy rain at West Wyalong, so decided to delay departure and forget about sightseeing as we still had more than 5hours to drive. 

I spent time downloading photos for blog post while I had access to the motel WiFi. And then writing up the day 2 post. By the time I had finished that, the rain  had stopped. (Don't really like driving strange roads in the rain.)

Pat and Alan had arrived the night before, having travelled up in one day, and they left before us to get some brekkie. We had brought provisions with us. 

We would have liked to visit the painted Ute's on the way north,  but the rain changed our minds. Sue and Raewyn were travelling a day ahead of us, and they have pics on their blogs for you to see. (Links on my sidebar to Kiwikid and Stitching Farm girl blogs).

A selfies pic as we left.
 
We saw a lot of places of interest that we could have visited, but didn't have time to stop. I did snap this place, thought the old car up on the roof was cool.



We stopped for lunch at Peak Hill, and I surprised myself by parking like a local.


We arrived about 4pm, and were soon unpacked and settled in. It was great to meet these girls in person, who we had met online.


We enjoyed an evening meal at the local hotel, before some of us had an early night.


The next update will come when I get out my laptop. Not enjoying doing it on my phone.

Blessings, from Jude 



We


5 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

The journey to the Scrub Stitching Retreat has been enlightening. Seeing the silos & painted works of art which draw visitors to country towns & it brings income which leads to visitors telling others about their experiences. Cypress Camp is very comfortable with well presented cabins & bunk rooms. Chooky is an amazing Hostess & fellow quilters are so friendly, we have a common interest. So it’s’ On With The Show’ 👏

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

How wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the pictures from Scrub Stitching. Enjoy your weekend.

ButterZ said...

We did have a wonderful and very productive time. Safe travels

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased you could park correctly......lol........dinner was good at the pub.......

Raewyn said...

Yaay you got there! Dinner at the pub was a nice way to start the retreat. Hotel wifi was so welcome - especially as I hadn't 'converted' my phone from kiwi to Aussie data.