Tuesday 14 November 2023

Life changes.....

Before I post the next section of newsfromjude, and because this blog is also a record of my life happenings, I will tell of some recent changes in my life.
If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you will know that I have been striving for a more balanced life for a few years now. A special friendship has unexpectedly developed with a long time friend. While I am intending to be machine quilting for customers for some time yet, I am heading into semi retirement and have the balance that I was seeking.
We have been travelling around our state a bit and I have blogged this recently.
Barry recently expressed a desire to travel to WA to visit family and asked me if I would like to go along with him. Of course I said yes and here we are, over the border into WA and expecting to be travelling for a few weeks.  While there won't be any quilting news in the coming weeks, there will be reports of our travels and would like to share these with you.

*************************************

DAY ONE..................

After packing the caravan, last Thursday we left Bordertown about 9am.


 We had no set schedule, except for heading west. Our first stop was at Tailem Bend for morning tea at the local bakery.


From there we headed through the city and then north. We stopped Port Wakefield for fuel, before continuing north. A quick detour into Snowtown and then back onto the highway. I saw the signs pointing to Brinkworth and Crystal Brook, which were 2 towns that I lived in during the early days of my married life. Unexpectedly this brought a few tears as memories came.
At the end of Day 1 we settled into the Pt Augusta caravan park and heated frozen meals to end our first day on the road.


Blessings, From Jude



 

4 comments:

Jo said...

Great to see you are having a good time together. Hopefully we can join you sometime.

Janice said...

It’s wonderful that you have found a special friend and can enjoy travelling together. Just heading off west with no definite itinerary sounds the ideal way to travel. Much the same as we do. We found Crystal Brook to be a very pretty town.

dq said...

I love this new change in your life. I can see the joy on your face and am so so so happy for you!!!!!

Enjoy every minute! You deserve it!

Chookyblue...... said...

Go Girl....... Travel safe