Sunday 15 January 2023

Let's party!!!!

At the beginning of 2020 I had great plans for a party of some sort to celebrate the 20th year of Cornerstone Creations being in business. My original Gammill machine arrived on February 4th, 2002 and my next purchase of Max was delivered on February 16th a few years later. 

I started planning a party for February, 2020, but before we got too far into the year Covid started spreading and I felt I needed to delay plans until later into the year, perhaps April?? But somehow, the year got busy, life took over, and plans were shelved. 

It was late last year when I started to think about it again, and decided to celebrate a 21st birthday in February 2023 instead. Friends have told me that a 21st birthday is more important anyway!!

It has been an amazing journey and I feel very blessed to be able to work from home, with hours that suit me, doing a job that I love and to meet so many fantastic quilters who have trusted me with their creations. Many great friendships have been formed along the way. Much water has 'gone under the bridge' since February 2002, and what a journey it has been. (You can read about this in more detail by clicking the link above to Background Info where I have talked about the first 15 years of CCMQ.....perhaps this needs updating to be current?)


"Pink" fundraising events have previously been held in September each year to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Network Australia, and this also 'fell off the wagon' last year.
So the 21st birthday celebration will be combined with the fundraising for BCNA. And the theme will be Black and Bling, instead of the usual Pink. (This event is a registered BCNA event)

February plans include 3 retreats here at Number 8, with lots of fun with games and prizes, together with some stitching, lots of chatter and laughter and of course food and drinks.

THE FUNDRAISING

 A  black and bling quilt has been made and will be raffled at $5 per ticket, with proceeds going to BCNA.
This is the quilt, and I will take some more photos of this soon, and tell you how you can buy tickets.


It's probable that a Zoom sewing day will also be organised for others at a distance to join in with us.

An open day is also planned for day visitors to enjoy cuppa and scones with donation to BCNA.

There will be an opportunity for purchases of Fabric Packs and Ready, Set & Sew kits with 21% of all sales for February will be donated to BCNA.

For those unable to be here or visit, these items will be posted on the FOR SALE pages of my blog closer to the February dates.

**************
Preparation for February is underway, and before the fairy went home last week there was much action. The house looks as though a party is going to happen, with the black and bling theme!! 





This bin is full of wrapped gifts, it is a birthday party after all!!


More details will be added as they come. 
I would love to hear from you if you are interested in celebrating my 21st birthday and raising funds for a very worthy cause at the same time.
You can email me on simmoja@internode.on.net  
or phone 0411092402.

Blessings, From Jude



11 comments:

Janice said...

How exciting to be able to host a real live party ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽŠ. It sounds like the fairy is getting well and truly organised. I look forward to hearing if more details closer to the time.

ButterZ said...

Wow. You were right. The fairy has been busy. It’s going to be a great month for you.

Susan Smith said...

Maybe a trip in the van next month? As long as there are no "F" words happening, as in floods or fires, we'll give it some thought. Our Gammills introduced us, so I'd love to come across after being confined for so long. Take care and stay cool.

Jean McGee said...

Happy new year to you all, the birthday party sounds great and will be enjoyed by everyone I'm sure. Your helpers have all been busy again as usual. Should be a lot of fun , I'll be thinking of you .๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

kiwikid said...

Sounds like a great month at your place, yo and the fairy have been busy there. Enjoy.

Raewyn said...

It looks like it will be a fun month - congratulations on running your business for such a long time!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

It's going to be such a fun month for you! Wish I could come... but I may need to help you celebrate from afar... The Fairy did an amazing job decorating! xx

Susan said...

Jude, I have caught up on your posts - I do enjoy reading them. I am sure they are a great chronicle of your life.
Lots of fun reading.

Raylene Edwards said...

I can’t believe the fairy has been MIA!! Looks like there is fun & games happening. Also mystery quilts to be stitched. It’s exciting to launch into a VERY SPECIAL RETREAT for your 21st. So happy to be attending ๐Ÿ‘

Maria said...

Looks like you’ll be having a fabulous month….

telko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.