Tuesday 10 January 2023

Looking into 2023....

 I have had this post in my mind since the start of January, and so perhaps it's time I put 'pen to paper'!! What an old saying that is turning out to be in this age of computers and keyboards!! How much actual writing will there be in years to come?? Most communication is by email and or text message, and even monthly accounts hardly come in the mail box anymore. Since doing research for my family history this has come home to me. With information and photographs often only on media and hardly printed, how will generations to come find out what they want to know??

This above ramble wasn't the intent of my 'looking into 2023' post, and you can see that I have succeeded in going down a rabbit hole! So back on track....

I am not going to make a 'set in concrete' list of goals for 2023 as life seems to often go in directions not on the plan. Instead I shall do as I did for 2022, and just quietly whisper a few ideas of things i would like to do.

  • I know I need to get busier outside, especially in my garden, and there are a few house maintenance jobs that need to be done. It's interesting that one can go about everyday life for a period of time, and suddenly, it seems, one notice's things that had not stood out before, but now definitely need attention!!  I find it is always a dilemma about which task is the priority and I find it hard to strike that balance......
  • I hope to continue to process, deal with the quantity of fabric in my house into packs and quilt kits ready for more market days.......
  • There are a lot of computer jobs on my list..... backing up files..... sorting photos.... specifically the photos of quilts and family that need to be separated......
  • I need to work on decluttering and sorting the clothes in my wardrobe.... this means trying on clothes and it's a job I hate, thus one I avoid, but.......
  • I also need to get back to clearing out 'stuff' in the filing cabinet.... enough said about that....
  • Of course there are plans to keep doing some customer quilts.....
  • And plans to recommence retreats here at Number 8!!....... and these are starting very soon, but I will save that for another post soon.....
  • There are a few health issues in the background that are being monitored which has led me to make some lifestyle changes......which is yielding slow progress, but nevertheless they are positive.....'they' say patience is a virtue???!!
 I hope to move forward one step at a time and trust that He has a plan for the year ahead as I try to simplify life and try for a better balance ........(There is that word balance again, why is that so hard??

That's all for now,

Blessings, From Jude

6 comments:

loulee said...

One step at a time is the best way. Walk, don't run, especially when carrying scissors.
And I must have a sort out in my wardrobe too.

Karen's Korner said...

I see a busy year ahead for you. Pace yourself and enjoy the "journey".

ButterZ said...

Not sure about balance but mine seems to be juggling.

Raylene Edwards said...

One step at a time seems the way to go… but, the way time keeps flying by, maybe a time management programme might help. Watch out for the Rabbit Holes 🐇

kiwikid said...

One day at a timer and don't be too hard on yourself if you don't get everything ticked off the list. I hope your health issues are manageable.

Raewyn said...

Slow and steady Jude, every little step is a step in the right direction. It will be fun to have the retreats starting again!