Friday 30 July 2021

More quilting

 I better update you with newsfromjude customer quilting before the file gets too large. I hope you are staying warm if you are in southern australia. This has been a very windy, wet month of July. Makes me very thankful for a warm house and my supply of wood. It is easier to accept not being able to go anywhere when outside is cold and wet. Thankfully our state seems to be under control and my thoughts and prayers go out to those states and countries where it is not.

A string quilt made by Val and myself and been called Mellow Yellow and quilted with a Loopy pattern. It was later bound with a scrappy binding which used up many pieces of leftover bindings that have been sitting in a box for a long time!


This is Vals quilt made for our group's Presidents challenge called Mystery and Mayhem. She has called it Wild Abandon and it was quilted allover with Effervesence.


Helen has been making lots of half square triangle quilts lately and here are another 2, that are made for her grandaughter. This one was quilted with Starlight..........


                                          ........and this one with Stars and Loops.


Beth made this using up lots of little bits and sashed the blocks with blue. I think I have a rather large collection of pieces that could be made up like this, one day! The cornerstone blocks are butterflies and Beth wanted Butterflies and Swirls to be quilted on the top.



This cat quilt was made for a friend who loves cats! It was decided that it would be quilted with a cat pattern that I had.


I used 2 cats for each block and when joined up it looks like cats walking allover the quilt.


This is how the quilt looked on the screen and there are 84 cats quilted on the top as well as the pieced 48 blocks!


Joan used her collection of 30's fabrics to make this sweet little quilt, and it was quilted allover with a pattern called 30's flower.



This is the Farmers Wife quilt, made by Louise. She wanted very dense quilting using wavy lines, and I used the pattern Streaming and loaded the quilt lengthwise so that the lines go up and down and not across the quilt. Louise loved how close the lines are and was very happy.



This striking quilt was made by Ruth with Hexagons that were donated to her. It is quite amusing as Ruth has made it known to our group that her "least" favourite blocks are Hexagons!! The person that donated these did not know that,  and the quilt has been named "Harrased by Hexagons!" This was quilted allover with Deb's Swirls. The colours certainly show up against the black triangles Ruth used to make the top.


Members of our group have been very productive getting quilts finished for the quilt show in October and Helen is no exception. She has called this This Way and That Way and it was quilted allover with Spring Thing.


Mary has been busy during lockdown in Victoria and when the borders were open briefly she brought quite a few tops to be quilted.  The following 3 have been done and the first one is a lovely collection of colours and has been quilted allover with Blooming Feathers.



This is one of my Ready Set Sew kits made by Mary called Spinning Dots and was quilted allover with a circle pattern called Asti.



The photo of this was hard to show the pretty colours as the day was like many lately and very gloomy. This also was quilted allover with a pattern called Flower Spray.


Ruth has also been busy and churns out a lot of quilts that are donated. This vibrant string quilt uses up a variety of fabrics and is quilted edge to edge with a pattern called Spilt Paint.



Also made by Ruth was this Rail Fence quilt using a variety of green jelly roll strips. This was quilted allover with Easy Loops and will keep someone warm when it is donated.


Prue made this Illusions quilt and during the making of this was very tempted to call it Dissillusioned, (sp?) but when it was finished was very happy with it. It has been quilted allover with a pattern called Square Dance.



This I Spy quilt was also made by Prue and features a great variety of I Spy fabrics. It was quilted with a pattern called Loopy Stars.



I think that might do for today. I still have a couple of custom quilting jobs to show another day. It's time to get standing with Max. I have a custom quilt loaded, one for me!! Miss Billie's Miss Piggy quilt is on and hopefully I can get this done in the next couple of days of July. This week, since lockdown finished, I have had deliveries of quite a few more tops.

My offsider, aka the fairy left early this morning for home, so it is rather quiet here this morning. I will have to get used to my own company again. 😔 It was a great couple of weeks and we achieved lots and had a lot of laughs and fun along the way! Thanks Raylene.

I will be back with a post tomorrow to record a very significant date and a competition. See you then.

Blessings, From Jude

7 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

I did enjoy my Lock- Down holiday & the 2nd week too. We did achieve a lot, now it’s difficult to decide who is the Chief Slave Driver, you or me. A splendid show of quilts, I did like the marching cats, all in line like soldiers. They are all special, each made with love. ❤️

ButterZ said...

Jude there are so many beautiful quilts in this post. Well done.

Maria said...

So many great quilts you’ve beautifully quilted….
I bet lots of ladies will be very happy…

loulee said...

You got to work on some beautiful quilts and added your own touch to them.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely post Judy of lots of gorgeous quilts & quilting. You've certainly been busy & I'm sure all a super pleased with what you've done. Thanks for sharing & take care.

Janice said...

Such a lovely show and tell, as usual. Beautiful piecing enhanced by beautiful quilting. I particularly like the red quilt with the blooming feathers design. I may have to pull out a layer cake, watch Donna Jordan’s tutorial again and make it. Im glad you and the fairy made such good use of your lockdown.

Chookyblue...... said...

so hard to decide what one is my favourite........its like me own personal quilt show without leaving the house........Max has been busy....thanks I know it takes time to gather all the photos etc together.......