Saturday 31 July 2021

A bloganniversary!

 



It was July 31st, 2011 when I made the first post of newsfromjude! Where has that 10 years gone? I can say it has been an amazing decade of my life. I made the decision to blog as a way to advertise my business. I had been machine quilting for customers for 9 years by this time, and had just finished the renovations of The Sanctuary, the house I purchased "across the road' for quilting retreats. Most of the early posts were about customer quilting and retreats held in the house. Later other events in my life were added and thus it  became the story of my life and almost a diary. 

Every year I ordered a printed version of the blog and more recently there were 2 books a year as I added more photos to newsfromjude. This is my collection in the bottom of the bookcase. The first book I had printed was for 18 months and is the thinnest one there. Does that mean I am having too much to say these days? Perhaps I'll blame it on all the photos!?


I have decided that 10 years is an achievement worth celebrating and so we are having a competition. The case below is the prize and will be filled with as much "quilty" goodness that I can fit in there. 


I would love to hear from as many as possible, and because some of you have trouble with leaving messages on the blog, I will accept email entries as well. (International entries welcome as I will post to you too.)

I am asking you to tell me how many published posts there have been on my blog in 10 years, up to and including this post. ????? I will leave this open for one week, closing next Saturday evening, SA time, August 7th...... 
edit - see the next paragraph!!

Well..... I posted this last night and when I checked this morning, the first comment had the exact number of published posts!! Amazing guess I thought! And then another comment also!! What is going on? Well I then went back and had a very thorough look at the blog and what did I find, but alongside the archives is how many posts there were in each month!! So, an errr derrr.... moment. I will send Jo and Di both a case for being so clever, when I was not. But I am now changing the competition, and ask for you to tell me how many comments have been made on this blog instead. Sorry for my stuff up, but thanks for visiting! Nice to hear from you and thankyou to those who leave me a comment.


Blessings, From Jude






15 comments:

ButterZ said...

Congratulations on 10 years. I will say 1214posts.
I love those cases and they do fit a lot in them. Keep up the good work and keep on blogging.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy Blog-iversary! I'm amazed that I just tripped over the fifteen mark myself. I am going to guess 1,500 posts for you. I love to read your blog and hope that you'll continue for a very long time~ you always have such great things to share from your little corner of the world. The pictures have picked up over the years for me too. I never had mine put into books but that's such a great idea to have it done as you go along.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my your 10th Anniversary--and my how time flys!! So far you have done 1214 posts--so you have written alot of words and shown us alot of photos--great job--keep it going, please!!
hugs, di

kiwikid said...

Congratulations on 10 years of blogging Jude. I will guess 12,140..really I have no idea 😁.

Karen's Korner said...

Happy 10th year of blogging and I look forward to many more to come. No guesses from me.

Linda Steele said...

Happy Anniversary, I know it's not easy to keep up those blog posts.

Janice said...

1,214 posts is quite an achievement. Isn’t it wonderful to have that record of the last decade of your life.

loulee said...

I'll guess at 18,310 comments! LOL
You have a great record not only of all the lovely quilts you have been lucky enough to work on, but also many, many happy people memories too. Here's to many more years.

Susan Smith said...

Whoops!!!! I'm not going to guess, but realise it will be lots...........Take care & hugs.

Raylene Edwards said...

As I don’t have a side bar, I’ve used every mathematical tool known to man… including the Abacus… I know the answer is 6,070 & this one makes it 6071 !!!! 🧮

Jean McGee said...

I've enjoyed reading your blogs and seeing photos of your family and beautiful quilts. I'm not sure if this is a trick question but if you want the number of comments on this particular blog I'll say 25 but if it's the number over the ten years my guess is 3,435. 😍

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Happy Bloganniversary! I'll leave the guesswork to Raylene and her abacus :P xx

ButterZ said...

Ok… my guess is 13405 …up to an including this post.
It has been a joy going back and looking through this blog. I am so glad you got your first few years printed as a lot of the photos have disappeared. I have enjoyed seeing your birthday posts, your family photos and your pink posts. I see you have had fun with these cases for many years. I am lucky to get another one from you.

ButterZ said...

Test

Chookyblue...... said...

wow 10 years....congrats....I think we have been friends for most of that time.............18067 comments?
Always love to see what you have been up to........