Sunday 4 July 2021

Family.....

 Here we are and another week has whizzed by, so perhaps an update of newsfromjude is a good idea before the next week is done as well??

I have been collecting a few family pics recently so this post is dedicated to family. Looking back it doesn't really seem very long since I was leaving home and having my own family, and in the blink of an eye I have 2 granddaughters who are not far away from being 21!! How does that happen?

DD1 and family.............






DD2 and family..................





DD3's little ones 'over the border'..........



DS's family..............



EXTENDED family...........


I had a trip 'up the highway' on Friday for some appointments and took Mum for lunch. She phoned my brother, and before long a twosome turned into a sixsome! (Unfortunately my sister was unable to be there). As expected I took a photo to record the event, and brother dear said "I suppose this is going on your blog!" Well, of course it is, as the blog is a record of my life and this is part of it. Which reminds me that we have finished June, so it must be time to order the blog book for January to June! I am getting quite a collection of books now. At the end of July it will be 10 years since I started blogging! Perhaps it will be time for another competition?? Watch this space.

 Winter is certainly with us and temperatures are very cold and we are being blessed with good rains. The temp on Friday hardly moved past 10deg and this weekend is not a lot better. It is cold for this area, and a comment from a blogger on Zoom yesterday told me what cold really could be!! (Hi Lou, in New Zealand!) 

I will post a photo from the Zoom bloggers gathering yesterday. It was great to 'meet up' with bloggers from all over the world, even if it was only for a short chat. I had a few interruptions for my day to prevent a longer visit. I know they started at 6am New South Wales time, which was Friday afternoon on the other side of the world, and plans were for them to be on until evening. I know that this post is titled family, but I feel like I can include this pic as these ladies are all part of my blogging quilting family and it is fantastic to chat and listen and get to know them. Thank you Chooky for organising these sewing days in the last year since Covid struck.


It's time to finish up this post, and head to the lounge and the wood fire and the book that I have half read. Tomorrow is another quilting day, and I am heading into a couple weeks of custom now. I hope to be back soon with an update of recent quilting photos.

Blessings, From Jude




6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely that you got to catch up with your family.........and bugger you didn't get much time to zoom but it was great to see you for awhile........nice to have the visitors in person also.......

Janice said...

It was lovely to catch up on Saturday.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful family photos Jude,time marches on doesn't it! Sorry I missed seeing you on zoom. Have a great week.

Raylene Edwards said...

That’s a lovely spotlight of your family. Your blog books will bring back happy memories in the years to come. Very chilly weather & welcome rain means the comfort of a wood fire where you can sit in the chair & relax 🔥

Susan said...

time does fly by - and I agree a blog is your history.
Sorry I missed you at Chooky's - another time.

Alison said...

What a lovely family you have, thank you for sharing. My little family is scattered everywhere, so I get a tiny bit envious of those who see theirs regularly. Enjoy every moment.