Saturday 1 May 2021

Catching up again.............

Today has been a day to catchup with a few jobs that needed doing, such as changing beds, washing, cleaning the bathroom and lots of time on the computer. So you can tell it's been an exciting day?? NOT! 

I have been back through the inbox of my emails and found a few that should have been answered "some time" ago. A few phone calls and catching up with customers about quilts, a visit from a friend, and here it is 7pm, and another day gone. So while I am in the catch up mode, I will continue with some newsfromjude that I have not posted and once again I will separate the topics with headings.

25 year celebration

 I recently mentioned that our group, the Gum Tree Quilters was to celebrate 25 years since the group was formed and it is now 2 weeks since that event, so I better report before it turns into very old news.

This was the first of what we hope will be a year of special celebrations and we enjoyed a fun, sewing day at our local meeting place. As well as some stitching, there was lots of laughter and chatter and reminiscing. We have had a lot of fun over the years and in May a book will be launched detailing the events of the last 25 years. 

One of our members, Lois was presented with Honorary Membership as the first President of the group. 


This photo is Lois and Michelle, our current President with Mignon, one of our older Honorary members who is unable to attend sewing days now.


Another of our Honorary members recently moved to another state, but was able to be here for a short time that day. Pat (second from right) was just leaving as I arrived, so we quickly snapped a photo.


We enjoyed yummy cup cakes and sang Happy Birthday to us. It was a special time of getting together again after the last year of restrictions and not seeing members who were unable to come due to border closures.   I have included a few photos from the day.









In the garden

It has been awhile since I posted photos of the garden, and I went back for a few pics and found my zinnia's. These are finished now, but were really pretty and so tall when they were at their best. It was lovely to pick some and take them inside.


I took time out to "smell the roses", look closely at the zinnias, and was surprised to see how the flowers were formed on some.



These "double" ones amazed me.




A marigold


My chrysanthemums are flowering now. I shifted all my plants from other places in the garden so that they would all be in the same bed together. In the gaps are daffodil bulbs so they should pop up after the flowers have gone. I did have a lot of different colours, but now find that the pink seems to have "taken over" and there is one orange in the back there, and I think there is one yellow coming. Sadly I seem to have lost the other colours, so I might have to go shopping soon.


I do love the petals on this one though.


My hibiscus is flowering now too.


My Vincas have also put on a pretty display


Our summer weather has been very kind to us this year, without the intense days of heat we usually experience, and autumn has blessed us with some lovely days and not a lot of wind. The mornings are quite cool, but the days are good living weather at the moment. The farmers will be looking for good rains very soon, in preparation for sowing their crops and my garden would appreciate rain too.

Family

It was special to have some family to visit recently and I do have a few photos to share.

DD1 and family called in on their way to visit DD3 in Melbourne and on the way home again.


The next few photos I "borrowed" from facebook of the time in Melbourne, so this covers DD3 and family.






GD3 is clocking up the driving hours in preparation to being able to obtain her licence soon, so the Melbourne journey added a lot of time to her total. DD3 lives about 9 hours from DD1 so it's a long drive.


DS and family spent a night here while they were in town for a party. The piano soon had the dust shaken from it. 


Miss Bridie had some sewing time with Grandma.




I haven't caught up with DD2 and family lately, but once again facebook to the rescue. Here is GS1 or should I call him G4, which means he is the 4th grandchild, or the first grandson? Perhaps I need to number them from now on. This champ won the Most Valuable Player award in his basketball team, and they also won the Grand Final!

I love this photo of G6 on the swing, and the view behind looks so peaceful.


G4 and G6 posing against this lovely wall.


And to finish off I found some great photos of DD1 and DD2 when they travelled to Kangaroo Island to the wedding last month. The scenery looks amazing.




Well that is another marathon effort putting all the photos together. The photo files on my computer are a bit, no a LOT, all over the place and it needs some serious filing happening in the future!!
It is now almost 8.30, so time to finish off. At least I feel like I have caught up on quite a few jobs today, and most of the newsfromjude. I do have some more news of my trip from yesterday, and there will be another event happening tomorrow, but they can wait for another day, so till next post,

Blessings, From Jude












5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Quilting celebrations and family yippee.....
Beautiful flowers.... Some really cool and unusual ones there..... Well I've never seen them.....

ButterZ said...

Wow That was a great catch up. Lovely stories and memories shared.

Raylene Edwards said...

It was lovely to be part of a ‘Gathering’ . Quilters together celebrating & having fun. Your garden looks Blooming Beautiful, colour lifts our souls. Great to have your family visiting & photos to see the others growing & them getting out & about. 👏

kiwikid said...

Wonderful catch up, so good the quilting group can get together again, I see the fairy there too. Hope to see Pat at the local quilt group one day soon. Lovely to have a family visit and to catch up via fb. You have some great flowers in the garden.

loulee said...

Wow, thank you for sharing. Lucky you being able to work on so many beautiful quilts.