Saturday 31 December 2022

The 2022 year summary...................

I had a plan to post a summary of 2022, so I went back in time and reread many of my blog posts!! And even though it is now the 2nd day of the New Year, it's better late than never. 

I went back to one of my January  posts and read the following post.............

Some of my plans for 2022 are, (and I am whispering these, not saying them out loud) - The Windy Hill farm quilt, but it has been put away for now and I will get back to it, sometime...... Cutting and planning for a selling table at a group quilt show, just over the border. I have been told this morning that this has been deferred until later in the year, so I now have breathing space......Learning Power Point programme so that I can go on the roster at the church......... sewing scrappy donation quilts.......finishing all the UFO's that I have in progress and not saying how many....... cleaning out old files in the filing cabinet. I've been thinking about a new laptop.......About 3 years ago I started writing my life story book and had worked my way through my first 18 years. This has remained dormant since then, but in the back of my mind, I knew I wanted to get back to this and hopefully this is one of my goals for this year. 

February it will be 20 years since Cornerstone Creations Machine Quilting commenced!! It has been an amazing journey and I have been very blessed. There were plans for a great celebration and a party of some sort, but as I said before plans change easily in current conditions. In the hope that 'things' will ease in time, I have now thought about celebrations in April, from Easter until the end of the month. There will be more details in due course about how and what will happen. 

My plan now is to write a book of my Cornerstone Creations journey. I have many photos on hard drives to add to this story and I can see much time being spent at the computer......... 

In answer to the above...........I did finish the WIndy Hill farm quilt, although had enough blocks for 2 quilts and the second is not done yet....   

 There was a lot of cutting and planning for sale items for market days......,

 I did learn PowerPoint and am now on a roster to do this.......

there have been many donation quilts made and delivered, I am endeavouring to record these and keep a tally.....

I have not finished the UFO's that I have in progress, except for one Windy Hill quilt.....and still not counting how many UFO's there are.....

I did start clearing out the files in the filing cabinet, but note I said start, not finished!!

I am still thinking about a new laptop, am still working with Windows 7.....

I had made no more progress on my life story until last week, and have now written the next chapter, so I guess that counts for something??

The 20 year party for CCMQ did not happen at all, and I have come up with Plan B, so will have more news on that very soon.

And after I put all the CCMQ info into a plastic tub ready to write the story of my journey, I have to confess to there being no more progress. ๐Ÿ˜ž

**********************************

It seems like some things never change..... 

I always seem to be behind in reading blogs, also replying to comments..... I apologise and I do appreciate hearing from you......will try to do better in 2023??

Gardening is always in catch up mode as well, I get enthused and spend time catching up, then life takes over and I have to start all over again.....

It's the same with my bookwork, another task I am always playing catch up with.....

......I see that the year started with many restrictions still in place, such as limits on the numbers of people that could gather in one home, and days in isolation for those who had covid and those who were close contacts. This prevented many from having family celebrations in the first part of the year, but for the last few months there are no restrictions and many more covid cases!! Go figure??

I have still been quilting for customers, but doing a lot less. So what do I do with all that spare time?? Good question!

I am still working on my SABLE (Stash accumulated beyond life expectancy) and there has been much cutting and packing and kitting of fabric. There were 2 market days to sell "stuff", and this will be ongoing process.

                

After an absence of more than 2 years, the second part of 2022 it was finally time for retreats and gatherings to recommence .......






QFO days commenced on the first wednesday of each month. I shall do a separate post on the quilts that have been made...........


There were catchups with visiting friends, including a reunion of 4 Aussie Quilters who went to the USA in 2018..................

After missing 2 of my granddaughter's 21st birthday celebrations early in the year, family catch ups started to happen again.............




.....and I had the first trip to Melbourne for 3 years.............

                                     .........and my 11th grandchild was born in November...............


........and in December our family gathered to celebrate Christmas, with all in attendance.


More zoom sewing days were organised by Chooky with friends from all over the world joining in to chat whenever they could. This is a positive result of the isolation and shutdowns from Covid. 


It was a very wet year, with flooding in many areas of the north and east of our country. This has resulted in huge losses for many people with crops flooded and houses inundated. All this water has flowed south and is currently coming down the Murray River into South Australia with much more loss of crops, business' and houses. The river is still to peak in these areas yet. - These photos were taken by my sister last week.........

                     

That is just a small sample of how the year 2022 panned out. Of course there were other happenings, including the farewells and funerals of friends and a few trips up the highway to appointments. There were even some touristy trips to Robe, Serviceton, Murray Bridge and Mannum. 

I might finish this post here, and then think about another one that includes plans for 2023, so will be back with that in due course.

Blessings, From Jude











6 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

That’s quite a catch-up blog, to reduce 12 months of ‘on the go’ activities, at home work, family gatherings for birthdays & celebrations is quite remarkable. Lucky you have a cunning way of keeping track of all you do & achieve. An excellent way ti ‘ Remember When’ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ButterZ said...

That was a great overview Jude.it is very hard to capture a whole year I a short post. Well done. I love following you and can’t wait til we meet in February

dq said...

This was a very nice post to summarize your year. For record keeping purposes it is nice to do a summary as well. You did a lot!

Janice said...

You did have quite a busy year. So good that things were starting to get back to normal.

Susan Smith said...

Wow, what a year. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year, take care & hugs.

Susan said...

I think you just have to settle on "Some progress is better than none" - we all have grand plans...but we can only do so much. and you have enjoyed what you have done.

Wishing you more success in 2023 ???