Tuesday 9 November 2021

Spring in the garden........


As there is not a lot of quilting happening here, I will do a post of pics taken in the garden. Even though I have spent little time outside in recent months, we can usually rely on a good show in the spring. The bottlebrush trees are coming into their own, and the hum of the busy bees can be heard.


This is the best time to see my few rose bushes, as the hot winds of summer will spoil them, along with the reflected heat from the brown brick walls.


 That honeysuckle hedge is just coming into flower, and it smells so glorious walking out the laundry door...................




Last year's zinnia plants have self seeded so should be putting on a show of their own in January.






I have a few more roses down the side of the house, and once again they look lovely at the start of spring, until they cook between the brown wall of the house and the iron fence. 









While outside "smelling the roses, and honeysuckle" I noticed the many buds on this and can't wait to see what colour they are.


This jasmine was in flower a month ago and also smelled so good.


I am not sure what the name of this rose is, but the perfume on this is so strong, I had to pick some to come inside. This bush was a gift from special friends for my 60th birthday.


It is easy to show pictures that make the garden look great, but you will notice that they are taken close up, and you can't see the weeds in between!! I have been pulling a few weeds out but still have a long way to go.

That's all for now, will be back again soon with another update of newsfromjude. I can't believe just how fast time is going and I know that it is 6 weeks until Christmas, because my first baby was born 6 weeks before and her birthday was yesterday!!
(Apologies for once again being behind in reading and replying to blogs. I will catch up!

Blessings, From Jude



6 comments:

Maria said...

Your garden has lots of beautiful blooms at the moment… nice to be able to pick a bunch of pretty roses to put inside…

Karen's Korner said...

Spring is such a lovely time in the garden. Keeping those pesky weeds at bay is a fulltime job.

Raylene Edwards said...

What a lovely time Spring is. The garden is responding well, giving lovely blooms to brighten our days which then attracts the chirping birds & buzzing bees. ๐Ÿ It appears tough love works.

loulee said...

That's all looking lovely. I love to hear the bees busy in my garden too.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your garden is looking beautiful - and those roses, gorgeous! xx

Jean McGee said...

Spring is a beautiful time in the garden, lovely to see the pretty flowers in bloom at yours. I love plants that self seed, they keep giving all the time. Thanks for sharing your garden with us.
๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ