Wednesday 9 June 2021

Market Day etc etc!....

 Sorry for the delay in reporting on our Market Day, as it is almost 2 weeks ago now, but better late than never is what "they" say isn't it? Stepping back from the hustle and bustle does mean that less gets done in a day, but if that's what a girl has to do, I am doing it. I had intended to get a quilt done this morning, but it is loaded and tomorrow will be another day. I had a very late start (for me) this morning, which has meant there is no time to get the quilt done today as I am heading out to an appointment very soon. It is very cold outside today, and we are thankful to have had some rain to help the crops germinate........

Soon after I wrote the above paragraph, my computer guy came to sort out a problem I was having and when he left it was time to leave for my appointment. I am back now to finish this post and then I am heading to the warmth of the fire and the recliner. This week I have been leaving the work room earlier than normal and have picked up a book to read in an effort to ease off of life and rest more. I am still feeling very weary, but hope this will help.

Market day was a lot of fun and it was great to catchup with a lot of people I had not seen for ages. There were lots and lots of tables with goodies for sale and many were offloading at bargain prices. I am happy with the sales that I had, and realise that I could have had more if I offered credit card payments. (Since then I have been introduced to a system that may work for me and will be looking into it sometime).

First up is a photo, taken by Faye of The fairy and myself in front of our table.


The next 2 pics are a couple of overall views of the room.


Then I went around and took a few photos and chatted to friends who were selling their wares.

Here are the girls selling their kits and supplies for the Bedford group, and who have raised an amazing amount of money for this charity over the years.


It was great to catch up with Heather again after a few years not seeing each other since she retired from the QGSA  Appraisal Panel. Heather was clearing out her fabric dyeing supplies.


Here are Kerryn and Anna clearing out some of their stash. Kerryn is another former Appraisal Panel member, and these days is organiser extraordinaire of the Quilt Encounter committee.


Zara is another former Panel member, and was selling some amazing journals and small wall hangings. I was so tempted on some of these.


Vicki is still on the Appraisal Panel and one of our group that journeyed to the US in 2018, and it was good to have a chat with her.


And Elaine is a fellow Statler girl, and has been a regular retreater at Bordertown. 


In September I shall probably be holding another fundraiser for the BCNA, so am rather pleased to still have good stocks on hand, as time will be taken up now with getting customer quilts finished in time for our October quilt show. We had a lot of fun with Zoom afternoon teas last year, so I hope to repeat this again. Watch this space for further news closer to the date.

After Market I caught up with DD1 and family before heading back to Mum's place where I spent a couple of days. Sunday afternoon quite a few of the family visited during the course of the day, so it was an opportunity for more photos.







My June schedule had included a plan to drive to Melbourne and visit with DD3 and family and help her celebrate a birthday, but Victoria's recent outbreak and subsequent lockdown has put paid to that plan. 

On Monday I had an appointment with the eye guy for a regular check and new glasses. And apparently I need to go back soon for a Glaucoma retest?? May as well get it all checked, so the afternoon was my annual mammogram and I am happy to report that I have now reached the 13 years milestone all clear. I still have a few other appointments coming up in the next month for various other checks and today I fronted up for my first Covid vaccination. I did not feel a thing but apparently the needle went in, so will await now to see if anything develops in the next couple of days. 

That's all the newsfromjude for now, and it's time to head for a cuppa and that book. Be back sometime and thanks for dropping by and for your comments. 

Blessings, From Jude



8 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Looks like Market went well and with a side trip to family, it must have been good. Seems like we are all having appointments we missed out on last year. I too have new glasses, a mammogram in August booked, a bone density check in July and just had my first Prolia injection for osteoporosis. Keith & I had our first Covid jab in late March & our next one on 19th of this month. We've also had our flu shots, so it's been all go here too. Freezing here, wet and now the "damaging" winds have got up.
Take care, stay safe & hugs.

Susan said...

Seems you had a fun market day - I hope it was financially rewarding too! (to pay for the efforts)
Hope you keep staying well after your Covid jab/s.

Raylene Edwards said...

Market Day was a great success, chatting to quilting friends who haven’t been able to meet for so long, while sales were being made. Family get togethers are an eye opener of how the children have grown.Our diaries seem to be filled with appointments for our health care (COVID had not allowed this to happen). so it’s catch-up time. 🌸

Janice said...

It sounds like Market Day was a great success. I’m glad you are taking the time to read a book. I’ve just read one today, but it wasn’t riveting. Like you, I’m doing the medical rounds. Had the flu shot, having our first COVID shot next week, been for my regular GP check up and then, out of the blue, ended up in hospital with chest pain. Fortunately, not heart, but found to be gall stones, so surgery to look forward to....not. But, hey, it’s better than heart troubles.

Jean McGee said...

Just caught up with your recent blogs, you've had a busy time lately but good to sit back and relax by the fire, I think we all are feeling the cold start of winter. Luckily I haven't had any effects from the covid vaccination, the sooner we all have it life can get back to some normality. Keep warm and stay safe. 😀😀

kiwikid said...

So good you could catch up with your friends at the Market Day, good you are getting some time to sit and rest. I think we all got used to the using of cards during the lockdown and it has become a habit, touch and go!

Maria said...

Looks like a great day at the markets and lovely to catch up with friends ..
Nice to have spent a few days with your Mum and also see other family members too.

Karen's Korner said...

What a great market day. My quilting group used to always do the annual mystery quilt by the Bedford group. From memory I think that it has been discontinued?????? Lovely catch up time with the family.