Friday 4 January 2019

Quilt catchup etc.....



I think I promised a blog post of recent customer quilts, so better get onto it, before I get carried away with other things, which often happens. My guests have both returned to their homes, and it's just me again. I don't often have music playing, and hardly turn on the TV, so it is very quiet. I have loaded another customer quilt, and need to get about 6 custom jobs done, before February starts. It was good to get some of my own things finished this week, so thank you to my helpers.

Now, on with the show. ......
First is a quilt made by Cheryl. I posted one closeup photo of this quilt, early in December, and here are the rest of them.






Here are a few closeup pictures of that quilt. I am amazed at Cheryl's tiny stitches, all done by hand, and the shading on the bear's face is so good.





This was also made by Cheryl. She does lots of hand work, which is not on my agenda, any time soon, but she does an amazing job.






And a third quilt from Cheryl, which was paper pieced, and quilted with an allover star pattern.



Melanie made this quilt, to use a range of fabrics that she liked. It was quilted allover with a Deb Geisler pattern called Flower Swirls.



Jenny made this pattern called Tilda Roses, and it was quilted allover with Ribbons and Roses.



Di made this for her grand daughter, using very pretty fabrics, and it was quilted allover with Modern Waves, which gives it a lovely texture.



You could have the waves going across the quilt, or if you prefer, up and down.


This was also made by Di, and was a Pick a Case Mystery retreat quilt, called Oriental Crossings, and was quilted allover with Dragonflies and Swirls.



I do have some more custom quilts to show, but will leave them to another day.

This week I have spent time updating my customer database, which is usually an annual job that I do before I send out my customer Christmas cards. Unfortunately I missed the Christmas deadline, but did a New Year newsletter instead. And this time, I tried the email method, instead of the post office, which costs so much more each year, and seems to take longer for them to deliver!! And it was very quick to email the newsletter out, and it seems like it might be a good idea, as it is so easy to do a reply, and I have had a good response to people putting their names down for 2019 retreats, and booking in custom quilting. I have updated the scheduled retreat page on this blog, if you might be interested in a fun time with other quilters.

It is another rather warm (read HOT) day today and I have been out watering the garden. I have picked some more zuchinni, and will pick the rest of the beetroot in a few days. I am watching the tiny tomatoes, which do seem to appreciate this hot weather. My dahlias look lovely, and I took a photo, but there was too much shadow, so will try again another day.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

Susan Smith said...

Your custom quilting is amazing, as is Cheryl's beautiful handwork. I've also used one of those allover patterns, which I was really pleased with. Got the email & will have to do a lot of thinking. Yes, HOT here too today, with our weather station reaching a top of 44.1 deg outside, but we've a little cloud creeping in & its gone down a few fractions of a degree.(giggle). Only 39.9 now. Stay cool & take care.