Wednesday 2 January 2019

2019 - Looking ahead




2019 is here, and we look ahead to what it will bring. A new diary, and a new page commences.


Some blogs have started the new year with a word that they hope to commit to for that year. Or some people make new year resolutions, but most of those soon fall by the wayside and don't last. I looked back to other years and see that I tried the word "balance", and then "organisation". And of course there is always that resolution to lose that excess weight isn't there?

 This year I am not making any resolutions, or words for the year. I am just planning to "go with the flow", and take each day as it comes. I know I have opened the year planner in the diary and scheduled lots of things, but will try not to look too far ahead and stress about what is ahead. I hope to concentrate on embracing the here and now and savour each day.


I do plan to continue to start each day with quiet time, and my daily readings of God's word. I will pray for God's wisdom for my life, and be open to His guidance for each day, to be the person that He wants me to be.

I do plan to keep blogging. I know a lot of people have gone to facebook or instagram. I have got a facebook account, but never post anything on it, and use it mainly to read quilting group pages. I have to say that facebook messenger is a great way to have family group pages to share photos and communicate with.

 And I spend enough time on the computer without doing instagram too. I know they are much quicker to post on, but I still prefer the blog, and love to read other blogs. It feels much more like visiting with a friend and really getting to know them, as they usually share a lot more than just a quick photo and comment. While I love to hear comments from my readers, it is also a record of my life and great to look back on years later. I started my blog in July, 2011, so have been going for 7 1/2 years now, and have made 971 posts in that time.

A lot of people record a list of quilts that they are going to work on for the next year, and post them on the blog. A few years ago, I remember showing a few old projects, and most seem to be still here and not finished, so I won't list them on the blog either. I do have intentions of trying to get some to the finish stage, but most of them get stuck in the queue with my quilter!!

I will finish this post here, and come back with some pics of the last few days happenings.

Blessings From Jude


3 comments:

Susan said...

I agree with you about resolutions and don't make any. I don't pick a word, either, though I liked my friend's word, intentional. I do have a list of quilts to do, because it is helping me move them along and out of UFO land. I think it's time you bought a quilting machine - a nice used APQS or Nolting, perhaps. Then your quilts won't get stuck at the quilter! It's pretty easy to learn to freehand or do pantographs, either one. I plan on owning another one someday, because it's also great fun! Best of luck with organizing, finding balance, finishing UFOs, even if you didn't list any. =)

Susan said...

Oh, LOL, I see from the next post you were JOKING about your quilts being stuck at the quilter! =) I *thought* you had shown quilts you did, but then I figured I must have mixed you up with someone else. Ha, now that I'm *thoroughly* confused, I'll go finish the next post. =)

Susan Smith said...

I'm with you on not making resolutions & I've only just heard about the "word" thingy.
Now that quilter of yours needs to take stock of her work load, say NO occasionally & make time for your quilts. I'm working hard through my 'tub of shame', so I can start on some new designs. I'll also stick with just blogging & agree with you on the friendlier side of it & the fact that it's more like a diary. Take care & find some YOU time.