Monday, 10 August 2026

Bordertown Gum Tree Quilters Show - October 2025

 It was October 2025 that the Gum Tree Quilters held their Biennual quilt show in the civic centre.

The members displayed about 150 quilts in a lovely display. These ladies greeted the many visitors who came from near and far.

                              

President Teresa welcomed everyone present, and a former member, Pat returned from Victoria and opened the show. She spoke about the history of the group and shared a few stories.

                                                          

                                                 A few photos to follow, without many words..............

                             


The Angels group had a display of donation quilts they had made along the stage.


                            Cornerstone Creations was one of the shops and this was my display.










Helen made this quilt for her daughter (pictured) and it won the Viewers Choice Award. 








The President's Challenge was to use Embellishments in a quilt, and Helen came up trumps with this idea, using many of her doiley collection, and won her a first prize.






My apologies for the late posting about the show. It's old news now, but I needed to write something for my blog book.
I am getting caught up, I think!?

I almost had a heart attack this morning when I turned on my laptop and it wouldn't, or couldn't open!! Of course, I am waaay behind in backing up photos. Consequently, after it turned on, I have been sitting here most of the day, saving photos. I knew I was risking it, and am trying to get into some sort of order this week, while I am catching up on blog posts too. Just one more post, and I will be up to the end of 2025!!

Blessings, From Jude and Barry.



No comments: