Tuesday 14 May 2024

Recent events, and celebrations..........

 It is now just 2 1/2 weeks since we arrived home, and life has returned to normal. .....Not too sure just what normal is anymore??........Here is a quick summary of newsfromjude happenings in a catchup post so that I can get my blog book printed before the shut off date....

We came home a week earlier than planned so that we could attend 2 birthday parties....the first one on Saturday evening was Lyn's 80th......


..and this was also attended by 2 of my cousins (there are 45 of us altogether as mum was one of 10 children)............and here I am with Leanne and Lyn. Our mothers were all sisters.



The other party on Sunday and was for Helen's 80th and we enjoyed a delicious lunch and a catchup with many friends.



In amongst all the parties there was a barbecue evening with Barry's brother..............


...........and the weather cooled enough for the fire to be lit...............


.......and there are no photos, but we enjoyed an evening with Ruth and Ashley, my car had to go to Keith, we decluttered more 'stuff', changed the furniture around in the lounge, put photos on the wall, enjoyed lunch at the hotel with friends after church one Sunday, started KYB lessons again, enjoyed coffee to celebrate another friend's 80th birthday, had a catchup coffee with Michelle who I went to the US on a quilting trip with 6 years ago, and of course the usual shopping, hair and doctor appointments, washing, shopping and housework. So all in all we have fitted in a fair bit since we arrived home!!
I need to also mention here that I managed to spend time with Max and churned out some quilts for customers.

*************************

Last weekend there were more celebrations, and the front driveway looked like a caravan park with 2 vans parked. DD3 and family drove from Melbourne for the celebrations.


The occasion was another birthday for me, and this one had an "0" in it. We enjoyed catching up with about 75 family and friends at the Mundulla Hotel on Saturday.

Just a few photos for you........



Here I am with blogging and zoom friend Jo of ButterZ blog.






This is a pic of my oldest granddaughter with the youngest grandie.



My mum, me and my 4 children...............


My mum, me and my 11 grandies.............


With DD1 and family.................


..........DS and family..............


DD2 and family...............


There are more photos to come one day............ but this will do for now so that I can get the book ordered.
It was a lovely day with family and friends, and I thank those who helped make this event happen, and all those who came and those who sent messages, cards, and phoned well wishes. 

****************************

Another big event recently was the graduation of GD2 who received First Class Honors in a Bachelor of Psychology, as well as becoming engaged, and purchasing their first house!!



That's all for now, there are more customer quilts to show, but that will have to wait for another post as I am about to head out again.

Blessings, From Jude




8 comments:

Maria said...

A fabulous last post to put in your book with many great photos.
Pleased you had a lovely “0” birthday celebrated with family and friends.

Susan Smith said...

A belated birthday wish and wow, it has certainly been busy for you these last few weeks. Lots of lovely celebrations before winter sets in. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

Raewyn said...

Birthday Wishes Jude! It looks like you had a fabulous time. So many beautiful photos - perfect for your blogbook.

ButterZ said...

It was a fantastic day celebrating with you and your family. Great post. Shame about not being able to get through to blog2print.

Denice Barker said...

Amazing celebrations! Happy belated birthday to you!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Sorry I wasn't there but looks like such a wonderful time for you with family and friends.........

kiwikid said...

Wonderful post Jude, so many lovely family photos, very happy belated birthday.

dq said...

You have so many people that love you, Jude! That includes me on the other side of the world!