Thursday 27 July 2023

It's almost the end of another month................

 .............so it's time for a newsfromjude update. Life has been happening as usual in amongst some quilting time. There are too many things I want need to get done, some days I don't know where to go first. Sometimes I start one job, and then go down a rabbit hole with another task that's on my todo list. And before I know it, there are many jobs on the go. Hmmm. But I have to say that I feel like there is progress.

I have a post almost ready with an update of customer quilts. Max has been very busy in the last couple of weeks. 

This week he is resting as the 'fairy' is here and we are cutting, packing and stacking fabric ready for our stall at the Sunraysia Patchwork Friends Quilt Exhibition  in September. Will have more to say about that later.

                                                    

I travelled to the city last Monday for my annual mammogram and am pleased to say I am now 15 years clear of the dreaded C. Praise God. Raylene met me at my appointment and has travelled home with me for a couple of weeks. She is getting me on the straight and narrow, and there is little slack time!! On the way home we called in to see Mum for a chat and cuppa.

I have been doing more sorting and decluttering of old files, which includes documents from our dairy farming days (1977 - 1989), and our mixed farming days (1990 - 2000). It is well past the time to clear the decks of most of this!!) Why have I not done this before? But it is not a job that can be finished in a day. There will be another bonfire soon. It definitely feels good to deal with all this.


I have spent a little time in the garden attacking the weeds. No photo!! It has been a very cold, wet winter in this area this year. We have had a glimpse of sun and blue sky on a few occasions, and the wattle trees are out in flower. This was the frost on the front lawn about a week ago. ( I do admit to not looking out the window most days until later in the morning.)


While deadheading the chrysanthemum plants this week, I noticed that the daffodil bulbs are shooting, so spring must be around the corner. I have also picked quite a bit of broccoli which has survived neglect.


The bottlebrush tree at the front of the house was very straggly and had a pruning back this week. There is a lot more light now coming in the front window.


A parcel arrived from the USA this week. The blog book I ordered for January to June 2023, arrived here in just on 2 weeks. Almost quicker than postage within Australia!!


I am very thankful for special friends who brought a load of wood to my shed last weekend. (More of that Special Vitamin F!!)


There was also a visit by Lyn and her brother Malcom while he was visiting SA from WA. 


There has been more exciting news from Sherrel who entered a quilt into the Victorian Quilt show last month. Our 2 person entry received a Highly Commended ribbon in the pieced section. Sherrel visited this morning and brought me my ribbon. Thankyou Sherrel for trusting me with your quilt.


I had not posted photos of this quilt until now. Sherrel's piecing was amazing! You may need to click on the picture to enlarge and see it better.



That's all for this post. The customer quilt update will come soon and there is also another family birthday coming up soon. August looks to be filling up fast. Catch ya next time.

Blessings, From Jude









5 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Wow, you have been busy. Saw that quilt at the show & it looked amazing. Well done to you both. Been cold/wet/dreary here too & nothing much worth blogging about. Take care & hugs.

Janice said...

Congratulations to you both on your award. The piecing is so precise and your quilting really sets it off so well. It’s funny how you have had a cold wet winter. While we have had some big frosts it has been relatively dry and the last couple of weeks have been much warmer than usual, with that trend to continue for at least another week. I don’t expect to sit in the back yard down to a T-shirt in July. I’m glad you once again received good news in Adelaide and The Fairy returning with you will keep you on the straight and narrow for a while.

Raylene Edwards said...

You have been multi-tasking with great results. Now that I’m in residence & have bought a brand new whip, there will be even greater results for your shop at Red Cliffs. It’s so cosy here with your wood fire, it’s a pleasure to sit & sew, and hear ‘Grubs Up’with meals ready for me to sit & eat great home cooking. ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿฆ

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats to both of you on your award.........lots happening.....glad you got a green tick.......enjoy your time with the Fairy.......

dq said...

Your opening paragraph was something I can really relate to. Bouncing from task to task even if it isn't what was planned is what I do often. Why not work on whatever suits you in the moment. Progress is progress either way.

I love that the fairy keeps you in line when it comes to your health. What a great friendship you two must have! She also makes me laugh!

Wish I could have seen the quilt show and yours in person!