Monday 8 February 2021

My baby sister...............

It was 50 years ago that my baby sister was born. I had 3 younger brothers and always wanted a sister. But it wasn't until I had left home and was working that she came along. If I tell you that she is 16 1/2 years younger, then I guess you can do the maths and work out my age, which is not really a secret anyway. And not long after that I married and moved away from the district.  Not long after I had children of my own, so they are more like sisters with her. (photo below is my sister in the middle and my eldest 2 girls).


Moving on a few years and she has children of her own, and the age gap doesn't seem so much.


Today I drove up the highway to join her for lunch with Mum and 2 of my brothers and their wives. This was as much as we could do to celebrate her special birthday, as she didn't want a party!


When the restaurant staff heard it was a birthday, they organised a cup cake with sparkler, and played Happy Birthday.

Hope you had a lovely day Sister dear and many more to come! xx

I have another part of this birthday story to share that involves sewing, but that can wait for another day, as my bed is calling. 

Blessings, from Jude



6 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Happy birthday to the birthday girl.

ButterZ said...

All birthdays should be acknowledged

Janice said...

What a lovely way to spend a special day.

kiwikid said...

Special outing and catch up with your sister and family.

Chookyblue...... said...

I have a big jump to the next kid in the family well not that much but then the youngest is 12 years after me........great you could all get together..........

Susan said...

That is a big age difference - but you get to an age where it doesn't matter - glad you could celebrate!